Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Don Dodge got a job at google

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

Monday, November 16, 2009
14 years ago2,512 views

Don Dodge was recently fired form M$ and now got a job at google... within ~ 2 weeks: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/15/microsofts-loss-googles-gain-don-dodge-gets-a-new-job/

BizAbh [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

(Ed. Laid off by Microsoft, developer evangelist Don Dodge joined Google today. Here's a note on the move from his personal blog)

"Thanks Microsoft, I’m going to Google! Vic Gundotra at Google was the first one to contact me with an opportunity…90 minutes after the news of the layoff hit. That fast decisive action was refreshing, and such a contrast to the slow, secretive, bureaucracy at Microsoft. That speed and decisiveness also reflects different approaches to hiring great people, building great products and serving customers well. I have always admired Google. I am excited to now be part of the team. My job at Google will be helping developers (and startups) build great products and services using Google technology and platforms. Google is building world class products for companies of all sizes, but especially the enterprise market. I will be part of the team to make that happen.

Last week started a new personal journey for me. One without Microsoft. So, why not move forward without Microsoft technology, and try the new alternatives? Old habits die hard, but these were actually pretty easy to break.

more:http://dondodge.typepad.com/the_next_big_thing/2009/11/thanks-microsoft-hello-google.html

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Kinda interesting how techcrunch already wrote an article about it and Matt Cutts tweeted that he didn't know yet whether it was true (would think he would the kind of person to hear about these kind of things).

Either way its kinda ridiculous how he is switching to all google equivalents... I mean... he is just a pure extremist, I assume it would be perfectly fine in google if he checked out the other alternatives available. Oh well... I might check out his blog a few times (as long as he doesn't switch to blogger xD)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!