Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How To Remove Your Most Embarrassing Moments from Google

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Monday, November 30, 2009
14 years ago3,469 views

"Unfortunately, plea's to remove content on Google fall on deaf, mechanical Google ears. The best and easiest way to remove content from Google (and other search engines in the process) is to remove the content from the internet. This guide will show you how to make the best of the content that is there or how to remove it entirely."

http://www.bspcn.com/2009/11/30/how-to-remove-your-most-embarrassing-moments-from-google/

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

See also, from the Official Google Blog:

Managing your reputation through search results
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/managing-your-reputation-through-search.html

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I said to my students that sometimes it's more easy to create new blogs or websites and to rank first on Google (while performing a search of your name) than trying to delete the content on other websites. Who care about your stupid writings or pics when you were a teenager when it's on page #2 of Google?

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I agree, Tom. Trying to get every mention of your name removed from the internet is often futile, so a good strategy is to go forward and provide some content that you don't mind getting indexed for your name. Go tag yourself on some pictures that someone made, start a blog, etc. :-)

In other news, we're all human and we do strange things, especially when we're younger :-). Is that really a problem? For the most part, I think it's just a problem in "our" minds, similar to how when you first listen to your voice on a recording it sounds strange and you have a weird desire to erase the recording at all costs.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

actually most recruiters are using google / search engines to figure you out BEFORE you get an offer.

these Search Engines actaully have more then just ranking, they are your "reputation" at stake. Like I said, even if you remove google content, you can still cached or if the person is smart, will look up waybackmachine .

I agree, that hardly any cares about what happened when you were a teen.. but adults (on the net) seem to be more stupider then the teens these days!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!