Google Blogoscoped

Forum

DAE get clunky performance from Chrome browser?

A S [PersonRank 3]

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
14 years ago3,578 views

Does anybody else get clunky performance from the Chrome browser like I do?

When it works, it works beautifully and is fast. When it doesn't I see the following problems:

1. The page doesn't load. I get a message saying the page is not available or the link is bad.

2. The pictures in a page don't load. They all show the broken pic icon.

3. Had the worst experience today editing Blogger posts. I clicked on the Publish button, but Chrome wouldn't load the resulting page. When I reloaded the entire page, found that my edits had not been saved. Next attempt, clicked on the Save Now button. Same results – resulting page won't load, reloading the page causes my edits to be lost. Only the third attempt worked.

I use Chrome regularly, but for online sessions involving time spent composing or writing something that needs to be saved, I am sticking to Firefox for now.

A S [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

BTW, number 1 above is the problem I have most frequently when using Chrome. Almost on a daily basis. I don't think it's my Internet connection cuz I never have this problem with Opera, Firefox or IE.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

This all sounds as one and the same problem, namely a failure to load documents: 1. The original page 2. pictures 3. an ajax page. Have you checked in the official google groups help?

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

There's an option in the "page" menu: "Report bug or broken website" – do you use that? It generates a bug that can be tracked and followed up for that particular page.

You can also submit a bug directly at http://dev.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines

I haven't seen those issues myself, but it might be worth checking in the help forum to see if others are seeing them as well – perhaps there's a simple fix :) (or a bug you can follow so that you know when it's fixed).

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]A S
What country are you in?

When I was in Vietnam a few weeks ago, I had very similar problems with Chrome – Even though my Internet connection was good. I had to use FF or IE a lot of the time because of the issues with Chrome. I thought maybe it was the way Chrome was handling the DNS or caching or something?? (I was using the latest Beta version of Chrome.)

A S [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

I thought this was a common issue with Chrome and so never thought of reporting it for almost a year now.

I kind of get the impression that Chrome tries to load a page really quickly and if it doesn't get all the information from the Internet for whatever reason, it kind of times out. Not sure if this is what really happens.

BTW, I am in the US. My connection speed is 7.5 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!