Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Should Gmail Alert You to Misspelled Names?  (View post)

Sasa [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
14 years ago12,171 views

I think there is no need for this because you have undo button in labs. So if you miss that word and send message, you can click undo in about 3-4 secs when message was send

imma [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

it would be nice, but a fully context sensitive spellchecker would understand names anyway

a search kinda works : http://www.google.com/search?q=hello,+my+name+is+rpbert
gives me "Showing results for hello, my name is robert." :-D

Elaine [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I like anything that helps me from sending out messages with typos.

Matze [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Seperate signatures for every email adress – maybe even with HTML support – would be a really good new feature!

Esteban [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I would appreciate such a feature.

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Again watching users and you'd see that some people copy and paste names from the To line to the message box out of scariness of misspelling the names. So I wouldn't be surprised if it gets implemented.

What else do users do? mummm right now possibly copying and pasting these comments to put them on my FB feed ... was implemented via social plugins a couple of weeks ago ... humm going back to my comment to see who has responded ... Philipp please the email notification ... and on and on and on.

Josh [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Yes! This is a perfect candidate for a Labs feature, and I would certainly turn it on in my client.

Brindaban Kundu [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Not necessary.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!