Google Blogoscoped

Forum

YouTube adds content ratings

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
13 years ago3,990 views

I noticed this a few days ago but now there's an official announcement:

http://ytbizblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/announcing-content-ratings-for-videos.html

<<U.S. partners: we wanted to let you know about a recent product announcement that will potentially be of great value to you as you earn money from your videos on YouTube. (Keep reading, because you also have an opportunity to win a prize!) We recently rolled out our YouTube content rating system to all U.S.-partner uploaded content and we'd like to tell you how this applies to you.

Now, when you upload a video that does not have a specified content rating (i.e. MPAA or TV rating), we ask that the partner rate content in these five categories: Language, Nudity, Sexual Situations, Violence and Drug Use. Our content rating system allows you to assign ratings to your YouTube videos either during the upload process or afterwards. The ratings are reversible, meaning that you can change or remove them at any time if you feel they no longer accurately describe your content.

Why are we doing this?
1. More options for advertisers equals more potential monetized content for you:
The vision here is that we'll be able to offer advertisers better ways to match their ads to content based on your self-assigned ratings; accurate ratings that allow for a better content-advertising match can lead to partners like yourself making more money in the end.
2. Be a part of this now to build a pipeline for the future:
As the available pool of accurately rated content increases over time, we believe that advertisers will learn to trust the system, resulting in greater monetization opportunities for partners with all kinds of content.>>

Moses [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

Page not found

George R [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Aytbizblog.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F06%2Fannouncing-content-ratings-for-videos.html

DPic [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Interesting. I wonder why it was removed

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Can I rate my videos as bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZ?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I'm not sure, but perhaps it wou--bzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

nagrao [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

please open viedeos

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!