Google Health is still alive

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
13 years ago41,473 views

Google updated Health

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/google-health-update.html

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

<< Google Health launched a bit over two years ago, and since then we’ve been listening to our users, analyzing feedback and conducting research. We’ve learned a lot from you! You’ve confirmed that having a central place online to store and share medical data with whomever you want is important and a step in the right direction. And we’ve added a number of features based on what you’ve asked for so far. >>

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I love the optional "coffee consumption" and "weight" charts. When I have an internet-enabled coffee cup and weighing scale, I'll sign up.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Hebbet, I like your title.

que [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Some more info from their UX team here:

http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2010/09/focusing-on-our-users-google-health.html

<<...we identified several areas where we could improve Google Health to make it a more useful wellness tool, including:

– Dedicated wellness tracking including pre-built and custom trackers
   – Efficient manual data entry as well as automatic data collection through devices
   – A customizable summary dashboard of wellness and other health topics
   – Goal setting and progress tracking using interactive charts
   – Personalized pages for each topic with rich charts, journaling, and related information
>>

A S [PersonRank 3]

13 years ago #

I don't understand... Are there more people using Google Health than people who are using Google Wave? Why was Wave killed, while Health continues to live?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

> Why was Wave killed, while Health continues to live?

Google Health has some paying commercial customers (hospitals, etc).

[edit: actually I don't know for sure that they pay real money; just that they have a commercial arrangement with Google]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!