Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail-Labels

Dominik Schwind [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, August 28, 2004
19 years ago

I just saw that in my account and feel it's kind of confusing. But then, I usually let filters label my messages, so it should be okay.

Nate [PersonRank 5]

19 years ago #

Yeah, I actually sent an email to gmail help asking where my labels went before I realized where they had moved it. It seems too complex of a change for it to be a mistake...as opposed to when the accounts listed 1TB as the storage capacity. I prefer the separate menu, especially when you have many labels. The drop-down menu can get pretty large that way. Maybe they are addring room for sorting buttons to the top, such as sort-by-date or sort-by-sender. As gmail gets more functionality, it will be a chalange to keep the interface clean and user-friendly.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I think it makes sense to move all actions into a single select box. I was actually looking for where to label and always instinctively looked in the middle box with the other actions. I find the label box is harder to notice. Of course we are talking about seconds here. If you look look enough you find everything, no matter if it's hidden.

Clement Shimizu [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I also thought gmail was broken when they moved the label dropdown box. I think the new location is not as good because you have to scroll down to get to the lables.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I don't have to scroll down. I am using Firefox. I suppose you are using Internet Explorer.

Here's Firefox, by the way (great browser):
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!