Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Typosquatters  (View post)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 22, 2006
18 years ago

I love the mYcrosoft, I wonder how many hits they get... (and whether its people who think its actually spelt like that)

Jon Henshaw [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

And their sites are oh so helpful and cute :P

Erik [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Did you see how the Mycrosoft site specializes in scraped ads for windows? Now you have to appreciate the humor in that.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

They are clumsy but they earn a lot.

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I hate those domain squatters so much. Having a page with nothing but ads should be illegal.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Google even sells a special ad package to utilize those "parked domains":
http://www.google.com/domainpark/

"If your sites generate more than 750,000 page views per month, AdSense for domains is for you"

And from the FAQ:
"AdSense for domains uses powerful semantic technology to dynamically analyze a domain name and match its meaning with ads and related searches that are related to the domain name subject."

This is one of the most explicitly spammy neighborhoods Google is getting into. With AdSense-filled splogs, at least you can pretend those are the 5% they didn't catch. But with AdSense for domains, isn't this explicitly targeted at domain squatters?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

ad I think that this is stuipd...

"AdSense for domains customers redirect traffic from parked domains to the AdSense for domains service"..

Why service parked domians at all ..its darn well parked... like duh!!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!