Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail for Domains Screenshots  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, March 26, 2006
18 years ago

welcome back Philipp, thanks for posting screenscapes

I hope Justin will keep us informed on the UXer and support for Domain functionlity!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

thanks Pd! I'm currently catching up on news :)

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Have been using gmail for domains for about two weeks now. The only trouble I had was in changing my MX records. Google's support was really good – response to my email was quick – they requested screenshots to help me resolve the problem. It ended up being my mistake, and they even sent a response email expressing they were glad the problem was resolved. This all took place within 24-48 hours of the initial e-mail I sent.

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Awesome. I hope my boss decides to use this.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Indeed, Outlook feels a bit dumb once you get used to a conversations view (not to mention getting used to a working email search).

Jesse [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I somehow got an invite (I'm not a business or anything, but they gave me one for my personal test site...not that I mind)

I can give you a couple more screenshots once the gmail server gets back up

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I was one of the first people to sign up.... back when the sign up page was not even working... anyone know how the invitees are being selected? Also, is there an API for adding/modding users?

PS.... YAY!!! I was getting a bit of Google blogoscoped withdrawal!

Paul [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I got invites for two domains I had submitted requests for and it works great. POP access and Jabber both work fine but I can't seem to login through m.gmail.com (mobile). Switching MX records was no problem (granted, I'm a seasoned network professional) and everything was working within hours of receiving the invite.

One thing I noticed on the admin page was that it says the account is free up to as many users as I said I'd need the beta for when I requested it.

All in all, very cool and I'm very happy to have hosted Jabber support for my personal e-mail address.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The only thing it's missing is a Calendar ;) I posted about a new feature relating to the service today. It will answer Travis's question about the API. There is now API but they do help solve the problem.

http://blog.justinpfister.com/2006/03/importing-mail-lists-gmail-is-going.cfm

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I got the Gmail for Domain invite just a few days ago. Unfortunately I only put 10 users on the form so I can only make 10 accounts. The nicknames / email lists work really well though to allow zillions of addresses.

For some reason my custom logo doesn't display inside Gmail only on the sign in page.

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Cool, it even has Gmail Chat.

Welcome back btw.

Alex [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I tried to get an invite for http://mail-observer.com but no luck :(:(

Any recommendations to get it?

Militantplatypus [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I also got an invite. I have set up my addresses, but I haven't switched my MX records yet.

I have a bunch of forwarding alias that I am trying to setup. The best I have come up with so far is creating a mail list for each one. Anyone have any better ideas?

Also, is there a forum that anyone knows about. I tried searching for user reviews, but couldn't find much.

OREO [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Recommendations? umm.. I don't think there is nothing you can do. Google selects websites they feel would be good beta testers..

I think Google wants domain websites that will offer emails to several people. They don't want to just give it to every domain name if not many people will use that address.

Stasevich [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Does anyone knows if SPTM relay will be posible?
I got the invite, and about to switch the MX records but what i want to do is use newsletter application that will send via Google's server.
Is that going to be possible if so would appreteate any info on how to make this work

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

OREO – My website is my own. I don't offer email to anyone else. Still I got an invite to the Gmail for Domains after signing up for it a while ago. I really don't think they are "vetting" the domains at all. Maybe just slowly spreading the invites. Has anyone been turned down?

Jamie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have a Gmail domain now... But I don't have MX records to change. I haven't had a domain before.

What do I do?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Jamie, contact your provider for your domain (like Register.com). Tell the support if they change your domains MX records.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!