Forum

Google Feature Requests?  (View post)

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 16, 2006
18 years ago43,818 views

I want GDRIVE

glebarr [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

add bi-weekly events to calendar not just weekly and monthly....

nsnboy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

1.GDrive
2.mobile mail

LCaution [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Two new search features:

1) expanded boolean logic: word/words/phrase within n words of, n sentences of, n
   paragraphs of, etc.

2) much more flexible dates – at least "within 1 week', "within 1 month"; ideally a specific date range

Mike Seyfang [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1. Calendar – leadership on how to set up 'gig guides' that can be mashed up by 'artist' or 'location' (geotagging of location would be way cool)

2. Clever PDA integration – in the case of Microsoft clients find a way to emulate active sync from all the relevant google bits (mail, calendar, contacts...)

3. Keep them API's and mashup communities coming!

gilmae [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1) Calendar reminders via Google Desktop, gTalk, and mobile phones – including non-US providers.

2) gTalk Integration with AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/ICQ is already available but it is a pain, having to set it up using third-party jabber clients. Support via the google jabber server and gTalk client please.

3) Better maps and Local support for the rest of the world

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Google Browser ,OS,Goopad,Gowpad,

zouyc [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1) Blogger Categories
2) GDrive

Duke Desmo [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Personalized home page should have an option to stop logging out automatically when logging into gMail accounts

LM [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

5. GScratch Pad. That auto-syncs with the GDS widget.

LM [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

sorry.

6. Froogle for Australia.

Google Request [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Similar to "dictionary:" thesaurus:

Lyncirium [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

1) GDrive!!
2) Notes and ToDo-List for Gmail
3) Gmail, Calendar, ... for Opera
4) Local (!!) and Books for Germany
5) ICQ and MSN Chat support
6) Pictures in Mails
7) Conversation Management
8) Edit rows on Personal Homepage

LK [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Google Talk rocks, but it's must have needed feature has to be multiple user support. I want me and six of my friends to all be 'talkin' at the same time. Course this will kill Teamspeak/Ventrillo support, but hey Onward with the Google Revolution!

Next the Google Browser!
Next after that....the Goos (pronounced Goose) or Google Operationg System :)

Viva la Google!

bd_ [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

While GDrive and the like would be cool, I'd like to see Google put their weight behind some existing, currently unpopular technologies. Currently a lot of the social blogging sites are rather closed; friending someone on eg Livejournal won't be seamless unless you're on Livejournal too.

If google got behind such things as openid, and perhaps personal planet-style aggregators for Blogger and similar sites, it would help counter this closed community effect.

On an unrelated note, I'd also like to see what this writely thing is all about :)

jb [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Ability to search the web using perl compatible regular expressions.

Pavan Kumar [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi, I have the following suggestions

1. why is there no shortcut key for delete. I feel that is important. (When google has included the 'delete' button anyway, it is not against the philosophy of 'never delete anything').

2. a small calendar/timetable application conviniently placed in the front page would be an amazing addon!

thanks.

Logan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

be able to attach "notes" to emails (eg. "this bill paid online May 1, 2006"). something like that would be great.

brent m [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I would like the contact list in gmail to have more default fields such as First name and Last name instead of just name, so I can sort by last name or whatever else. Also I would like dates such as birthdays and anniversaries to be stored for each contact. And those dates should be able to be imported as events for google calendar.

brent m [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The public homepage is a good idea. Even better, something to compete with MySpace. With less ads. That would probably also make Google Talk a lot more popular.

Another idea I had was for google to overthrow the government and slowly take over the world. I would trust google more than our current system. But I have a hunch google has already been planning this for a while

gatomalo [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i use a bunch of different google products as most do....but i would love to see a better google personalized front page....better than gtalkr...that has chating...emailing...notebookfunction...calander..google reader....all in one place. I mean i would love to listen to a podcast with reader...while beeing in the notebook and chating with my friends. more intergration damnit!! I would like that a ton.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<< I mean i would love to listen to a podcast with reader...while beeing in the notebook and chating with my friends.

Who stops you do that?

onesojourner [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how about a way to add events to google calendar via text message? ex 10am doctor appointment on june 29. sent to a google calendar number auto adds the event. that will allow almost everyone to have a truely mobile calendar.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

onesojourner – they've done it already (US users only though):

How do I create an event via SMS?
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=37529

Can I check my calendar information via SMS?
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=37228

thelearner [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Blogger categories
Blogger site stats in the dashboard (thru analytics)
Calendar _in built_ into gmail (in the settings)
Reader has categorywise reading

James Bubeck [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

-regex web search
-goobuntu

Gerard [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

1) A sort of online Outlook/Palm Desktop with todo's, memo's, etc. I mean an extension the the already existing Google Calender.
2) A sync plugin which synchronizes "everything" with your palm/pocketpc/outlook etc. I think Companionlink is very nice, but it only syncs. the calender, and not the addresses. And it can only be run on Windows, and you have to pay for it ;)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>1)...
Maybe they shoudl extent google notebook into calendar gerard?

GOOG-GOOG-GOOG! [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

1) Better extensions of widgets for Google Toolbar buttons, Desktop widgets, and IG content that better integrate Google products (Reader, Calendar, Pages, Stocks, and so on). There are some out there – but they don't work ideally & and many are by 3rd party providers.

2) Google Finance should have better personalization – so you can not just save a portfolio, but save & track holdings. Then widgets for this should be extended to IG, Toolbar, and Desktop also.

3) Bookmarks should allow sharing of certain labels, and searching across other users labels to better compete with del.icio.us.

4) User profiles – we have user accounts, so why not expand the user profile concept? Something that is optional, but why not allow friend's lists & personalized content a'la myspace?

5) Google calendar. Integrate contacts with gmail contacts for inviting people.

6) Gmail. Elaborate on more complex filtering rules.

7) Reader. Put in a real scrollbar for left-hand items, instead of that weird DHTML one. Allow browsing of popular feeds & others shared content.

8) Really cool idea! I'd love to see Google Account manage all my website logins from Google toolbar... much as Windows does now – but so I could take it to any computer I login into Google with.

GOOG-GOOG-GOOG! [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'd also like to see a Google Feedback page.... much like this post.

Where users could submit suggestions – and rate eachothers.... I bet this would go a long way to help Google engineers & strategists accelerate their improvements!

Why the heck don't these big firms Yahoo, MSN, Google ever have feedback apps? crazy....

Shanberg [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

-Search Frequently Viewed Sites-

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Shanberg, Search History

https : //
www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?hl=en&cont
inue=http://www.google.com/searchhistory/%3Fhl%3D
en%26zx%3DwelKWAOWqSk&nui=1&ltmpl=reauth&s
ervice=hist&srr=1

Chandram [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

You guys really need to implement something so that we can signal that an event was closed / finished in Google calendar,

its painful and frustrating that you cant tick off events like a normal diary. Changing the color is irritating .. a standard tick mark or a cross or something which draws an intersection on it is the best. worst case just use a simple tick box//

Chand

AlexW [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Gmail:
- "Move to Sent Mail", manually and by filter (I want to collect my sent mail from different accounts by BCCing it to Gmail). Can move to inbox, but not to sent mail.
- check outside POP3 accounts
- no "on behalf of"
- IMAP

Google Calendar:
full SyncML and Outlook/Palm Sync support.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

And an other that I needed yesterday:

Possibility to insert pictures into the mail text.
Had to do it outlook first, forward then to gmail...

Andrew [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Please add a dictionary seach button for the goolgle toolbar for firefox.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!