Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Calendar SEO  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
18 years ago3,808 views

so google is also picking up keywords that are in events of a public calendar ?? is calender is acting as anothe traffic hose ...am I understanding this correctly ??

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm first (and alone) on Marissa Mayer! ... mmmm not literally... first on the search of [Marissa Mayer] of course :-)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

oh yeah ...i see it :)-

<<<
1-1 of 1 calendars found matching Marissa Mayer
Le calendrier Zorgloob!
>>>>>

Ok, this is just the search within Cl2 Module.. my question is – does the main search function of google return results (terms) that are embeded within a public calendar ??

For e.g. SEO Conference, Toronto-- will list to me all public calendars URL's and also the generic results as part of the SERP ??

is there subtle cross over of information into the index ?

Gareth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

re: /PD

Yes, Google is definately picking up keywords from both the EVENT DESCRIPTIONS and the Calendar's own DESCRIPTION field. The way Calendar "bolds" the hits is the big clue.

An Event based example for my site is "Kakapo". I'm the only result, so it seems definitive.

If you're publishing a public calendar, I guess it makes sense to populate those descriptions with keyworded text rather than leave them blank.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes /pd (be careful, "pd" is an French insult, it also means "gay"...)
So, look our calendar, it is not Marrisa Mayer-centric! We have just add her birthdate.

The same calendar is 3rd for [Larry Page]'s birthdate :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> my question is – does the main search
> function of google return results (terms) that are
> embeded within a public calendar

I don't think so, not yet anyway, but the day might come. Google Base results have already appeared in the web SERPs. But Google Calendar SEO might be valuable on its own – a company could create ad calendars advertising itself! It could then keyword spam the Google Calendar search, and if the Calendar team didn't prevent that (unlikely, but possible) get a couple of hits.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!