Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Who Linked Button  (View post)

Alex [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, May 17, 2006
18 years ago6,737 views

That is cool, but as you say, if a guy like me (small end web page, no visitors) would wait a month to get a full crawl. And by then, things must have changed :)

For example, google searches find words from my page which were long ago removed.

Anyway, ill try it, thanks for the heads up!

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeap Thanks and I will help them in Swedish French

Search-Engines-Web.com [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thank you – it is a nice gadget – wish they would reveal what order they decide to rank the links

EGM [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

There are apps out there that display apparently real-time lists of top referrers or last referrers. Unfortunately, this can be spammed very easily. Do a web search for these web sites:

technooffice.com
go-went-gone.com

You will see just an apparent 404 page when you visit these sites directly. It's a trick of course.

In the search results, you will see that these sites (and others like them) show up all over the place on blogs that list latest referrers or top referrers.

So without some way to defeat the spammers, I wouldn't be up for having this sort of thing rely on referrer logs for their data. Spamming is just too easy in this case.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!