Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Can't Log In to Gmail Account

Brian Evans [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, October 26, 2004
19 years ago

I have not been able to log into my gmail account for about 3 days. Is anyone else having this problem?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Not me – I can log in fine. I had a similar problems some months ago. It was resolved after a few days and never appeared again.

james clemen [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

yeah I am having a heck of a time getting into my account to.. as for me the link were I put my account info in doesnt come up. any one have any idea what that could be.. it said it is now a broken link

Anup Kumar [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have not been able to log into my gmail account for about 2 days. How to solve this problem?

nibu joe [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

hey what the F[put at-character here]#$..even rediff.com in india is offering 1 gb so whats the deal with gmail

19 years ago #

Nibu, Gmail is much, much more than "just" 1 GB.

Ron Shackelford [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I could not log in for 5 days.Tried all the forum fixes and none worked.I finally clicked on

< OPTIONS
< PROXY
< NO PROXY

It has worked great since.I use Maxthon browser and I do not know where the Proxy settings are at in IE,Netscape or Firebird.Hope this helps someone.Ron.

Navdeep Malhotra [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have not been able to access gmail for the last 6 hours (since morning of 11 Jun 2005) in London UK. This is quite frustrating. Is it something wrong with the site or my comp???

nabbu mallu [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

The gmail is DOWN! (in LONDON or UK atleast) for the last 6 hours...or is it something wrong with my machine???... cant be everything else is perfectly OK! ...hope the techies at GOOGLE.COM are able to fix this quickly... a lot of people have started using gmail as their primary personal account and this doesn’t sound too good.

Pat Sornchai [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

October 27, 2005 Thursday

I have not been able to log into my gmail account for about 3 days. Everytime I pressed Gmail icon on my toolbar. I get a blank page with the word Loading ............
but Done below.

18 years ago #

Pat, try deleting your cookie, then type gmail.google.com...

Anabui Esther [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

still tells me my email address and password not recognised

IT CHAPS [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Dude

FIREFOX may be the real solution for this type of OUTSTANDING not throughs.

cheers

IT

Sujith Menon [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I am not able to access my gmail account from past 2 days
I am able to sign into my account in the google groups though.
But when I try logging into my personal account it displays the Loading screen with done message at the bottom.

Bonnie Higgins [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Paste this link in your address bar: https://mail.google.com – sign in and it will work!

Tetrical [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

FuStrating!

SamD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Only solution is to wait. You may be able to get your emails via another method. If you have POP3 wired up or via google.com/ig or via any RSS reader.

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Solved it! Boys and girls! I have this silly problem every day.. I have learned to add an 's' after http when it "hangs" while logging on. Also see this post on Gmail Help Center which I just found... :-)

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10289&topic=1536

Cathy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Woohoo! I tried experimenting with Ron Shackelford's technique above and it worked! I'm using Firefox and it didn't let me sign in for the past 3-4 hours...what I did was I went to: Tools>Options>Connection Settings and selected 'Auto-dectect proxy settings for this network'.

Now everything is back to usual, all thanks to Ron! =P

GK [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I cleared the cache and it worked. There might be a bug loading scripts from the cache..

VernontheIII [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

For Firefox using the mail.google.com works really great. I've had non stop trouple with this problem and that cleared it right up. For those of you who still cant get it to work just google it on their main frame.

VernontheIII [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

trouble* lol

MikeW [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Once trying to log into gmail, the browser infinitely loads blank gmail pages and never reaches my gmail. Logging into gmail from other computers is ok. Any ideas

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

check for spyware, try a different browser, clear you cache.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!