Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How much do you earn displaying Ads by Google

piotr zgodzinski [PersonRank 4]

Friday, June 18, 2004
20 years ago

Hi, I'd like to know if it is profitable? I know I'm too curious sometimes ;)

I mean not the exact figures, please tell me the scale, do you earn $5 a month, or rather $500? I know very little about it, only that you get paid for clicks, not for views.

Is the money per click a constant, or it depends on something (maybe changing factors?).

I can't speak for others, but I find myself clicking on Ads by Google far more often than on traditional gif or flash banners.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

20 years ago #

Yes, Google AdSense is more profitable than other services of the kind I would know of. How much you make largely depends on how many visitors you got. Say if you got 100,000 visitors per day, you can stop your day job and start to be rich. At 10,000 visitors per day, you might make some real money, but not enough to support you. If you get 1,000 visitors a day, you might cover your server costs. If you get 100 visitors a day, you might have a good meal this month. If you get 10 visitors per day, Google might not even pay – they start sending checks at $100.

20 years ago #

PS: Besides a possible pay-check, I find Google AdSense adds actual interesting content – value – to my web sites. That's because the ads are text-only and highly relevant (most of the times, that is).

game boy [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I was wondering the same. my research suggests that the average pay is somewhere around 2 cents but it varies. the industry standard rule of thumb is 2.5 clicks per 100 visitors, so that's about 6.5 cents. per month that's about $2.- (i dont know if a cheeseburger is considered a "good meal"). I read elsewhere that unless you can get 3000+ visitors (not just pageviews) per day you can forget about it. to me these numbers make sense.

to make $2,000/month (my assumed quit-my-day-job goal) I would need to generate 100,000 visitors per day. That's about 2 visitors per second. Sounds like real work!

19 years ago #

Pssst... I earn phenomenal rates for http://www.visitorville.com/?id=135 ...

Richard [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Do you think that a mobile games site like http://www.gamemobile.co.uk would attract good rates and if so what type of ads would be displayed on it?

Corni [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

richard, ever thought of offering your visitors individual links to mobile phones (that your site mentions) at ebay uk.

id try that. i dont know how much ebay uk pays for a user registration.

ebay de pays 4 euro.

ebay com about 10 usd. (afaik)

i'd be surprised if your site wouldnt generate some leads.

David [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Personally I think google adsense are great.. They are non intrusive and they have ads for things I'm likely to be thinking of buying based on the website Im on. Making any money off em would be great, even if it is $2 per week, Im sure I wouldnt mind an extra $100 at the end of the year.

Tomasz [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I now earn 24$/day – 3600 impressions per day.

Ja [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

google is on of the best. you can start earning money with just a clik. you will atart getting checks when u made $100 or over. you can also check out www.sleake.com it is a new site which has google adsense.

roboace [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I get 500 visits per month. How much do you think I could make with adsense in a year. I estimated it would be between 10-20 dollars a year but I'm not sure.

jono [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Blogger now has it built in is it even worth it if ya use ur blog?
Is the does your money go away if ya dont earn $100 per month?

Ste [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

No, it adds onto next months until ya reach $100, then they pay, In my experience ya need at least 100 visits a day to get a cheque every month if ya market isnt a huge payer, if it is a huge payer then as little as 40 visits a day could get you a cheque every month.

k9 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

can you get paid via paypal or does it have to be a cheque

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

PayPal? Google is not eBay ;)
They send you a cheque or make a banc transfer.

sundaram Govindarajan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have been trying to make money through internet past one
year but I could not make out even a penny. When I approched Google to insert advertaisements on my writing blogs, they just said it is not of my own.

Once I earn some money I can create a web on my own til then I am seeking help. I have pasted free banners in my
page it is only a moth old. No responce I recieved for it.
Up to my knowelege there is nobody gives earning scope.
e mail proceesing ads are charging high but how far they
will send us mail for processsing?
But in a mgazine I red writing articles fetches some $80 to
100 a month to the writers where to be find that?
earning in internet is dream.

Phil Sousa [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

What if you have 100 websites and all based on different Google Ads account? Imagion the income you would get, but you would have to maintain popularity for these sites.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!