Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Hotmail Upgrade

Anthony Pennington [PersonRank 3]

Sunday, November 14, 2004
19 years ago

I went to check my hotmail yesterday and I have a 250MB storage space.

I told my friend, and he said he got his extra space quite some time ago.

I can email a screenshot if you would like.

Gregory [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

The increased storage space for Hotmail accounts were implemented for quite a while (a month already?)...

So I was surprised to hear that there are still 2MB accounts around...

19 years ago #

Gregory, I just got mine the other day. The funny thing is, when I check my inbox, there was only one email....

...telling me my account was reaching it's 2mb limit.

I found it very funny.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

In my start screen it shows me a green usage bar nearing its 2MB limit. So I guess I'm still at 2MB.

J. J. [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I got mine pretty early, in mid-September. M$ is slowly upgrading each account – my wife still hasn't had hers upgraded yet. See my post about this:
http://zepfanman.com/archives/000042.php

19 years ago #

My stepfather is at 2mb. I am gloating. He uses hotmail as his primary addy, and I use mine only for letters from my girlfriend.

Rikesh Mistry [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

problem is, now hotmail servers are so busy that the message 'this server is too busy' is coming much more often nowadays. if you want to see it...

http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/toobusy.html

hotmail shouldnt have upgraded their accounts if they cant cope with the extra server usage...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

While I couldn't yet confirm a Hotmail storage upgrade, I can confirm the "too busy" message. Oh well...

Dick [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

It pisses me off to have to wait for the Hotmail upgrade. I gave up and started using Gmail, which I like a *lot* better.

Hotmail and MS claimed to have this in the works for months, but it's been taking way too long. I thought that the world's largest software company would have its stuff together and not just run out of room, but they have. I've had an account for years with them!

If you get tired of waiting, email dick_pfister[put at-character here]yahoo.com for a gmail invite. I'm serious. I don't like to post the gmail address to avoid spam.

WooN [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Up to today, mine is still 2mb.........hmmmmmm, wondering what's wrong, but i'm using yahoo n gmail now, so can't be bothered also...:P

Jeff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Forget bout hotmail and Yahoo!
Use Google.

baracuda [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

the hotmail service is changing and in the near future is evolving to windows live mail
so there is the anwser that after some time all the hotmail service will contain 2Gb of storage
i know cuz i have one
thanx

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!