Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Get a Free Logoworks Logo  (View post)

hassan voyeau [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, June 28, 2006
18 years ago10,477 views

1. http://www.haveworld.blogspot.com, technology and life on the Caribbean islands of Trinidad and Tobago
   2. Because I don't have one
   3. HAVEWORLD : HAssan VoyEau's WORLD
   4. Hassan.Voyeau[put at-character here]gmail.com

hassan voyeau [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

your blog software messed up my link
http://www.haveworld.blogspot.com

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Brief

Google Operating System
googlesystem.blogspot.com

Blog about Google, software tips and reviews.

My own logo is basically a modified image from Google's special Microsoft search, so I need a new one.

I want a colorful logo, with bright colors that will represent a brain modified with Google logos, or images representative for the Google brand.

Tagline: Wise happiness.

Email: (already known)

Jason Jensen (a.k.a. Sage) [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

Hi Philipp

This is my compilation of the D&D Rules, it is used by thousands of gamers around the world (the original/co-creator Sovelior dropped off the project a long time ago). Ever since the start I've wanted a logo, especially since my main "competitor" www.d20srd.org, has a nice one. Actually we're not competitors as both products are free, it's more like friendly competition.
A logo would make the site and project feel more professional, and since I pour many hours every week into it, so it would make it feel more worthwhile.

Anyway the site's name is "Sovelior/Sage SRD Compilation" or just "Sovelior/Sage SRD" or maybe "Sovelior Sage SRD" since we're actually two people, but we've always used the slash. Maybe with a subtext like "d20 at your fingertips" or some such thing... I'd have to think some more about that if I win.

I'd like a logo with the text and maybe a d20 (twenty-sided die) or some sort of roleplay thing: book, dragon, etc.

My e-mail is JJayJay[put at-character here]gmail.com

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

1. What’s the URL of your site/ blog, and what is it about?
   http://JimsTips.com

2. Why do you need the logo badly?
   I would like to provide a better "branding" to make the site more recognizable. I would like to use the logo to span my various Tips sites, as well as my other side-project sites. Oh, and I think that Logoworks' Logos are FANTASTIC--I just can't afford it at this time.

3. What should the logo read and what kind of logo design were you thinking of? (You can use reference URLs as well – this will be the briefing for Logoworks if you win.)
   -I like the text "Your Tips Resource!"
   -I like the "Thumbs Up" image I currently have. I would be open to variations, but I prefer a "cartoon" look as opposed to a "real" look.
   -I would like the "site text" of the logo to be "replacable" so that my other "tips" sites could integrate it.
   --for example, I have Gmail Tips, Moxi Tips, and other Tips sites.
   -Colors should be somewhat generic or subdued, with the color focused on the thumbs-up image. Not flashy.

4. What is your email address? (Emails are obfuscated with an image when you post them in the forum.)
   jim[put at-character here]barr.net

David Peralty [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey,

First off, great site. I love this blog.

My site is www.ottawabloggers.com. It is a site that is looking to bring together bloggers in Ottawa, Ontario Canada because the blogging community in Ottawa is a large group, but they dont pool their talents, resources, or even communicate with each other.

I think a logo makes a site look and feel professional, and for this site, I nee it to have that professional and powerful feel, so it becomes easier to promote, and grow. Getting new bloggers to submit profiles or really anything is worse than pulling teeth.

3. What should the logo read and what kind of logo design were you thinking of? (You can use reference URLs as well – this will be the briefing for Logoworks if you win.)
Well, I love the city of Ottawa's logo:
http://ottawa.ca/

The logo has to say Ottawa Bloggers and really tie those two themes together. Ottawa is the capital of Canada, so a canadian feel will be important, but it must capture the diversity of blogging as well as the fact that it is digital publishing.

4. What is your email address? (Emails are obfuscated with an image when you post them in the forum.)
dave . phoenix @ gmail . com

Roger Patek [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Great Promotion:
My site is www.shopadf.com. It is a site that sells all types of diamond jewelry and we are based in Chicago.

I think a logo makes a site look and feel professional as well as build trust, and I feel that a logo would help build our brand in the web community. We have made attempts at different logos, but still can't make anything good.

We were looking at our competitor www.bluenile.com and they seem to have a nice recognizable logo, and we would want something of that nature to stand out and be able to recognize the brand.

The logo has to have a form of ADF in it. We tried messing with the American flag but it just seems to look very cheesy instead of professional and trustworthy.

rogerp[put at-character here]shopadf.com

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well, although I do not really have a "real" logo myself, I think there is a site out there that really needs one badly.

I discovered them through the infamous "carcasherdotcom seocontest" I kind of fcuk, sorry, boycott consciously by showing up in the top 10 without actually taking part.

It's http://www.homeless.org.au/

They seem to have a logo but it says "Rebeccas Community" and is very confusing, it also contains the menu (?). Indeed I was not even sure if it is a logo at all. Rebeccas Community seems to be just a local initative. The forums they have do not display one altogether – http://forums.homeless.org.au/
So to emphasize that the site is truly of national or even international interest, like the forum describes itsself, it should have a logo of itsself without "Rebeccas Community" as a local "branding".

I think the logo should conatin the word homeless, it may be tiny, but it should and a house and someone being outside not left in or something similar. That's quite much for a logo, I know, but at least some of it.
The current logo looks like an adult grabbing a kid. It may be a parent but also somebody else. To me it doesn't fit at all. It reminds me a little of the worst logo ever contest.

I hope it isn't too rude to ask for somebody else without even asking the person first. If someone feels offended, just disqualify me.

admintpb [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1.http://thephoneblog.net
2. Because I don't have one :)
3.the logo must say The Cell Phones Blog in rest i`ll leave the pro`s decide :D
4.admin at thephoneblog dot net

Roger Patek [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

one more thing, actaully having the full name might be good as well, American Diamonds Forever

Gareth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Another Chance To See – http://anotherchancetosee.blogspot.com
It's about raising awareness and support for endangered animals, mostly those visited by Douglas Adams for his wonderfully inspiring book "Last Chance To See". We've already sponsored a Mountain Gorilla infant and I'd like to do more.

Because I don't really have one, I want something eye-catching to keep visitors on the site, and I don't have the software, artistic talent or source imagery to bring a decent one together. My site is approaching its second birthday and a big overhaul is long overdue. I want to retool it for a 1024x768 resolution.

The logo should definately say "Another Chance To See", and I envision a jungle sort of look with Douglas Adams and some of the animals peering through the undergrowth in a cute-but-"please help us" sort of way. Mountain Gorilla, big eyed Aye-Aye Lemur, Komodo Dragon, a fat green Kakapo Parrot, White Rhino, maybe a Baiji Dolphin leaping across the moon.

anotherchancetosee[put at-character here]hotmail.com

5. PICK ME PICK ME!!!!

Longinus [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Too bad I don't need a logo by now...
Anyway nice idea Philipp, Logoworks surely appreciate the chance to get kinda "spotlight" by your blog :)

Vin K [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thanks for this.
Here I go.

My site is www.avlokana.com. This is my personal blog where I muse about Movies, Books, Writing and life in general.

I need to create a unique identity which will last as long as my blog would last. I need a professional look, which after several of my attempts I couldn't get it out myself. So need someone to help.

The logo should be simple and very unique. I love the way Flickr logo is. But I am not looking for a similer pattern here. But something so unique that it makes people remember it.

avlokana @ gmail . com

Craig Beardslee [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

rbeincorporated.com (RBE, Inc.) (Cooling Tower Sales)

Because the logo we currently have is terrible and we are looking into a new site design that would make great use of a new logo.

3. What should the logo read and what kind of logo design were you thinking of?
The logo Should read RBE Incorporated or RBE, Inc. and we are looking for a logo that is very fluid, literally. We deal with cooling towers, and they use water. We would love to incorporate a water drop or something similar to the idea.

4. What is your email address?
craigbeardsleejr[put at-character here]gmail.com

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks for doing this Philipp! I think it's a great idea.

www.jakeslifeandview.blogspot.com

Because I do not have any logo, but I hope to make my blog look better by having one.

The look should read Jake's View, and be simple, but interesting. The colors should have light green included.

icon7[put at-character here]mac.com

Markus Renschler [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

1. www.renschler.net/regexbuilder

2. Regexbuilder is an open source tool which makes many developers' life easier. Its users love Regexbuilder for its simplicity. It could even get more attention and hence make more developers happy if it had a professional logo (Philipp, think of the happy developers ;-).

3. The logo should read "Regexbuilder" and it should incorporate characters which are typically used within regular expressions (e.g. {}()|[]^$*+).

4. email: markus.renschler[put at-character here]gmail.com

Meryl [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Thanks for this exciting offer, Philipp!

http://www.meryl.net/
My #1 marketing resource for my business. It contains blogs, features, and info about my services.

Because the last three versions haven't been memorable. While the latest is sharp looking (someone else made it) – nothing sticks out. meryl.net doesn't say much, and I unfortunately couldn't come up with the right name for my writing / editing business. Sad... considering I love names and researching them. I guess when it comes to our own stuff... kaput.

I have no eye for design. Somehow it needs to be clear that it's a writing and editing biz. People love the title I use "Content Maven," which unfortunately doesn't make a good company name.

meryll[put at-character here]gmail.com

Mojo Denbow [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1. http://www.technomojo.info is a website about the latest and greatest new web technology and the people behind it.

2. I need this logo badly because a catchy name and subject should have an equally catchy, instantly identifiable brand/logo. I suck at this badly.

3. "Techno Mojo" with "web 2.0"-ish typography (rounded, bold, reflected)
http://arstechnica.com/index.ars ; http://www.downloadsquad.com/ etc etc.

4. email: mojodenbow[put at-character here]gmail.com

Thanks for the consideration, can't wait to see the results...

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

[comment removed on request]

Artem [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Great offer Philipp!
And, probably, a good advertisement for Logoworks guys. If sometime in the future I'll have money for advertising, I'll think about contacting you first :)

Philipp, is it possible to know not only the name of a winner, but also the names of the finalists?

1. http://symbianexample.com – Sharing, sharing, sharing the out-of-the-box working code examples for the Symbian operating system. There is a big lack of those

2. Because the site is useful for people and they need it. After just 3 months of activities, without any advertisement and with not that much content yet we have over 100 registered users and over 100 comments. A decent logo would leverage the usability and will match the professional quality of the site content

3. Something like a merge of "Symbian example" words and picture(s) of a mobile phone and/or bit-numbers (00101010)

4. artem.marchenko[put at-character here]gmail.com

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

www.monitor.edu.pl
It's kind of Polish ministry of education watchdog. Polish new minister of education is well know from his nationalist and homophobic rhetoric. He knows nothing about education, but couple of year ago he had reactivated fascist organization All-Polish Youth (before WW2 it had a records of anti-Jewish pogroms).
Now, as an minister, he wants Polish schools to be nationalist and homophobic. He wants to choose one textbook for history and forbid teachers to use others textbooks. He fired director of the Polish In-Service Teachers Training Centre for printing the Council of Europe's handbook, because it was "the homosexual propaganda" (reaction of Council of Europe Secretary General -> https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?id=1009513). He wants to change 1/3 of PE lessons into "Patriotic Education" (I believe better name would be "Xenophobic Education"...). And those are only couple of examples from his first mouth as the minister.
Of course students and teachers are protesting. Our aim is to inform people of every change made by ministry.

That's another story... Our designer, who've designed site layout, have been badly bashed by group of strangers. He's in hospital. He has a brain shock. He clearly can't do our logo design. We have no logo right now, just plain letters. It's a big problem for us.

It should read "Monitor Edukacji". It has to fit in the site present design (http://www.monitor.edu.pl/) – has to fit in the place for logo, look ok in the 800x600 and above, and have the right colors. It should be very simple. Maybe with something that indicates that sites is about education, like a book, thought I'm not sure.

ludwik[...]trammer.pl

Matt Borgmeyer [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

http://manhattanchoralensemble.org
Website for a New York City based choir performing challenging choral repertoire and aspiring to the highest levels of musicianship. The group is comprised of 40 singers and rehearses weekly in mid-town Manhattan. Recent performances have included a concert with Baroque orchestra featuring the Vivaldi Gloria and a program of Christmas music from the Netherlands performed in the oldest Dutch church in New York City.

Our current logo is a little dated and looks very traditional. We are a young choir and would be interested in a logo that communicated that we want to take a fresh approach to our music.

Something that's clean and modern, but somewhat conservative. We want to attract the traditional audience for classical choral music, but also reach out to a younger audience. The logo should read our full name: Manhattan Choral Ensemble. But it would be great if there was a way we could repurpose the logo to use our initials MCE, which is turning out to be part of our "brand"

mcephotos[put at-character here]gmail.com

Brent Humphreys [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

www.polkhumane.org. The Home Page for the Polk County Humane Society. A NO-KILL Animal Shelter in Southwest Missouri.

We use the site to host information about animal adoption opportunities as well as to communicate about events and what we are doing in and around the area.

We are in need of a professional logo for our web site, newsletters and business cards etc. We are a mostly volunteer group of animal lovers, but I would like to present a consistent "Brand" that identifies our goals and objectives. Since we depend on Donations for the Operation, it would be a benefit to have an interesting logo.

Did I mention that we are a charity and in need of donations?

PCHS, or Polk County Humane society. Would need to be able to work into cards, letterhead, newsletters and web site. We have a concept with a Paw print where the largest part of the "pad" is shaped like a heart. I like this, but want to put a professional touch on it. I am also open to other ideas.

newlogo[put at-character here]polkhumane.org

CarLBanks [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

1. http://thenameiwantedwastaken.com
2. Because I need a logo and "the logo I wanted was taken".
3. Make it a retro looking logo.
4. carlbanks[put at-character here]project-c.info

CarLBanks [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Forgot to mention: my site is where I post my creative videos and my internet TV shows.

Mate77 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thanks for this oportunity

It's http://www.hotels-finder.org/
It's a google map mashup
It helps find an hotel in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia...
Because mine is ugly. and to have a more professionnal look of the site
The text should be "hotels map finder" or "hotels finder"
I don't really know for the look. May be a image of the earth
my adress is mdemeillat[put at-character here]gmail.com

sorry for my english and thanks in advance ;)

Search-Engines-Web.com [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://search-engines-web.com/

This extremely high quality site has done so much for others over the years – now it is time for someone to reciprocate.

easterangel [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

http://worldathome.blogspot.com/

The site is about a campaign for organizations or individuals to create a foundation that will help physically handicapped individuals learn computers and derive income on various internet opportunities. This campaign is useful for disabled people in non-developed countries wherein they are usually neglected since the government do not have the means or initiative to help them.

So that the campiagn will have instant marketing recognition.

The text should read "The World[put at-character here]Home Project" "Enabling Handicap People Worldwide to Participate".

ishmar98[put at-character here]yahoo.com

NEWSiness [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

What’s the URL of your site/ blog, and what is it about?
http://www.newsiness.com/ – The Latest News in Brief

Why do you need the logo badly?
Because I am not a logo desinger.

What should the logo read and what kind of logo design were you thinking of?
The logo design represent the meaning of NEWSiness

What is your email address?
newsiness[put at-character here]gmail.com

luca zappa [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

80x15 Brilliant Button Maker: http://www.lucazappa.com/brilliantMaker/buttonImage.php

The Brilliant Button Maker should have a Brilliant Logo, and I'm not so brilliant to make one ...

I'd like to have a clean and friendly logo.

luca[put at-character here]lucazappa.com

Brian Humphrey [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Philipp, thank you for the opportunity to compete with he worthy projects above.

http://www.lafd.org
The Los Angeles Fire Department

Despite being an official portal that offers critical life safety information to 4 million local residents and millions of other global visitors, it is unfunded and my personal graphic abilities (as you can see) are truly abysmal.

3. What should the logo read and what kind of logo design were you thinking
of? (You can use reference URLs as well – this will be the briefing for Logoworks if you win.)

LAFD.ORG
The Los Angeles Fire Department... a full-spectrum life safety agency

Though I am truly open to anything, I envision a solid looking and somewhat conservative logo in warm red and gold that conveys confidence and commitment, featuring "LAFD.ORG" prominently surrounded or adjacent to "The Los Angeles Fire Department... a full-spectrum life safety agency"

brian.humphrey[put at-character here]prodigy.net

Thank you Philipp!

Joe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1. FileVille (fileville.net / blog.fileville.net)
   2. It would clean up and stylize my site.
   3. A rounded, glassy, computer like logo with some type of external Media (floppy, CD, etc) with “FileVille" in big letter. If possible I would like the colors of the logo to be light blues and some grays.
   4. joe[put at-character here]blog.fileville.net
Thanks...

Jason [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

1: MyFreeImplants.com – is the MySpace of plastic surgery. A specialized social networking site with the end goal of helping women earn money for breast augmentation procedures.

2: While our current logo is usable, it just doesn't transform well into small formats, it has too many colors which = high printing costs for shirts, and the dimensions don't give us much flexibility in terms of repurposing the logo.

3: The logo should read "MyFreeImplants.com" I'm thinking of something rounded and smooth, perhaps a coin or stamp. Should have some sex appeal as well.

4: vendors[put at-character here]myfreeimplants.com

Tiago Serafim [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Hi Philipp,

I hope that I´m not too late....

http://rachacuca.com.br/ – Its about online puzzles... The site is in Portuguese, however it´s games are a kind of universal, so I´m planning to add translations to others languages(like you did with gamesforthebrain.com) soon.

The actual logo(If I can call *that* "h 1" tag a logo) hurts me and the visitors, but unfortunately, as a programmer, I couldn´t make anything better... and US$300 is pretty much money here in Brazil, so I can´t pay that amount with the actual profits I make with it...

I´ld like a clean logo that shows someone(a clipart or something) breaking their head trying to solve some challenging puzzle... The name of the site can be raw translated to something like "break = 'racha' your head = 'cuca' "

tserafim[put at-character here]gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Tiago Serafim

Peter Szilagyi [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi,

http:k e r e s o m a r k e t i n g.blogter.hu"

(Please use the above link without spaces between the letters in the first word (part of the word were qualified as a block word by your comment engine)

It's a Hungarian blog about SEO, and online marketing tips

Because I don't have :) Actually I ain't professional, it's just a sort of hobby for me, this is why I haven't designed one. But if it's free... :)

I think of a simple logo, the text should be keresőmarketing. (Search Engine Marketing in hungarian language)

petszil[put at-character here]gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Peter

John [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

My website is http://www.theweather.tk

I need a decent logo very badly because my skills are not "brilliant" and I would like a professional, contemporary logo that users will be able to easilly recognise.

The logo should read "GAMES @ TheWeather.TK" as can be seen on my site.

My email address is theweathertk[put at-character here]gmail.com

Thanks,
John

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I’ll then pick one of you based on the most convincing comment, and if there’s several equally convincing ones, well, I’ll throw the dice.

----------

1. the website hasnt been uploaded yet.
it should be soon. its a food corporation. provides sandwiches all across Israel (named 'Snack-Time')

2. i need the logo so badly cause this is my to get promoted in this stinky job. which means – my own office and better settings. the managers told me – 'we'll think of a promotion option once you'll get us a new logo. if you will get us one, the odds to get a promotion are very high!'

3.'Snack Time' Food industries.
and i was thinking of a 3D logo that contains the words: 'Snack Time Food Industries' (Food Industries on the side and smaller than 'Snack Time') and add either Pizza icon such as:http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5851/pizza4rh.jpg (on the right) or a sandwich icon (also on the right) such as:http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6069/icondesktop6jl.gif (if you think of something else(other than pizza or sandwich, feel free to change it)

4.orphandland[put at-character here]gmail.com

the current logo is:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6069/icondesktop6jl.gif

ps:
i know the company already has a logo and all.. but this is my way to get my own office and a better payment every month. cause right now i barely get a minimum wage.
Thank you:
David Hetfield

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

my bad
the current logo is:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1071/snacktimelogo27fr.jpg

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks everyone for participating! There were 11 finalists so I created a lottery script to output random numbers from 1-11.

The good news is, Logoworks saw this thread and yesterday decided to chip in another logo! So we have not one, but two winners:

1. Tiago Serafim, http://rachacuca.com.br
2. Easterangel, http://worldathome.blogspot.com

I'll brief Logoworks with your wishes and then email you when the first round of logos is in which needs your feedback... and there will also be a blog post covering the first round of logos.

easterangel [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Wow Praise God and thanks Philip and also my gratitude to Logoworks!

Tiago Serafim [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Wow! Thank you very much Philipp! and Logoworks too!

Congrats eastrangel!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!