Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Googling Peter Parker  (View post)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 29, 2006
18 years ago5,063 views

The screenshot in the comic is quite an old Google.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

(and thanks for the icon, Philipp)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's kinda funny now that you mention it. The homepage shown is from 2002 (it just introduces AdWords!), as a larger version of the screenshot shows, and this is similar to one of the top results when you search Google Images for [google homepage]. Maybe the Marvel artist just copy & pasted from a search result...

http://blogoscoped.com/files/peter-parker-google-detail.jpg
http://www.dsv.su.se/projektx/pics/pic_google_homepage.jpg

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ewww – it looks like it's being viewed in Netscape 4.7x (Communicator) too!

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Noo! Not the internet!

Adam [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Tony, it's Mozilla 1.0.0. Check out the top-left of the window in the photo.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Adam, I was talking about the screenshot in the comic book. It clearly says "Communicator" in the top menu bar and has all the old Netscape icons (Communicator, Composer, etc.) in the bottom right of the status bar. It's a different image being used than the one Philipp's linking to above...

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My friends laughed at me when I noticed that the Google homepage changed a few years back.

At that point, I realised I was obsessed with Google, and most others couldn't give a toss about google's other features apart from Web and Image search.

PAStheLoD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Just 30 million people, then the spiderman universe has a very buggy internet :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!