Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Top 10 Google Apps

OREO [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 3, 2006
17 years ago3,329 views

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-9239_7-6546759-1.html?tag=cnetfd.noflash

Just found this on cnet. I personally don't think this is a good list of the "top 10" Google apps. What do others think?

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Me either.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Spreadsheets at 5???? I don't think soo..

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Higher for Google Maps. Google Reader is important to me too. More important than Google Calendar/Writely/Spreadsheets/SketchUp are.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm sick and tired of this "oh noes, google has our searching habits! they can now take over the world!" Put down the crack pipe kids, Google doesn't care about your favorite pron sites. And if you're that worried, they ALWAYS give you an oppertunity to turn of the "advanced features" ("THIS IS NOT THE USUAL YADA YADA").

/rant

(btw this is in response to: http://reviews.cnet.com/Google_Desktop_4_beta/4505-9239_7-31879068.html?tag=txt)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

philipp, you really should fix that bug in the autolinking algo

http://reviews.cnet.com/Google_Desktop_4_beta/4505-9239_7-31879068.html?tag=txt

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

oh heh well go figure, the other one worked b/c of the random parameter.....

NateDawg [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Continue of Caleb E....

<rant>
Privacy and convience come at price. Just today, my dad called me up and asked me if I could help him log into paypal as I had helped months back. A quick "from:dad" in my gmail account revealed all the messages we had back and forth while setting up his acount initally. Now on the plus side, I have a centeralized location that is easy to search for all those random emails that would have taken weeks to filter through manually and on the reverse I have some very personal information stored in a location that is not always in my control. I take that risk because I have a trusted relationship with Google services. When Google releases a service, we bring up the privacy issues here in a thought provoking forum of ideas and concerns. Google isn't always going to bat 100% when it comes to thinking about ALL the privacy concerns, but I believe;scratch that, know that Google does look at these issues and tries to find a balance between privacy and convience. While assisting my father with his paypal, he wanted to send me some of his personal information over the gmail chat, so he went "offline" (the message information is not stored) while we were discussing those issues. I always hated having to tell someone to email the information that we had just chated about because I had accidently closed my chat window; Google solved this problem for me, while at the same time allowing me to maintain a level of privacy if I felt uncomfortable.
</rant>

Sorry for the long rant. Boy that feels better :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Before I take a look at the list, let me list my top 10...

1. Google web search
2. Gmail
3. Google Images
4. Google Groups
5. Google News
6. Google Maps
7. Google Calendar
8. Google Toolbar for Firefox
9. Google Labs Sets
10. Google Trends

Yeah, I'll fix the URL autolinker!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!