Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Apply Gmail Filters to Old Mails  (View post)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, July 9, 2006
17 years ago12,710 views

I can see that the code for my Gmail is set to be true, but just don't know I still don't have it. :/

Andreas S [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I once requested this feature (more than half a year ago). Maybe Google does listen to customer requests occasionally.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I also requested this feature. Several times. From the little checkbox. I also asked them to update their feature list since they already added "Delete message with one button".

Now all I need is filter on contact GROUPS and GMail is golden.

david sanger [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

And filter on outgoing mail too.

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thank god. this has been needed for a long time.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I also want to be able to have a priority or order for the filters to take effect. This allows for more complicated sorting and would be very useful. I believe currently it's random for which filters will take effect first.

From what I've read, even hotmail has sortable filters!

Chris C. [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I echo David's comment – we need a filter for outgoing mail, too!

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What we need is a google feature voting system. Which also lets us know which features they are working on.

Jorge [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I think there's another new feature. I went to my contacts and selected one of them. Then Gmail displayed all the mails that person sent me. This is the usal but the new feature is when I chose "Select: All" because Gmail gave me a message saying "All 20 conversations on this page are selected. Select all conversations that match this search"

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You found something new and it works for all searches:

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/44358.html

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I now have the 3 of the 4 news features, except the "select all"

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Haochi,

>> I now have the 3 of the 4 news features

Beside the filter-old-emails and the delete-all-SPAM features, what are the other two you were refering to ?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I have all of them now,
The "Delete all spam messages now" and "Empty Trash now".
btw, do you think Gmail is a bit slow today? It keep giving me the secret "error code 766"

17 years ago #

If Gmail is slow, it's probably because I am deleting all my filters and labels and creating new ones to better organize my mailbox... I have had enough of 1425 conversations in my Inbox containing 423 unread! =)

Actually I have not noticed any latencies today...

17 years ago #

... still working on my Gmail.

I am getting (error code 600) ...

17 years ago #

GRR....can't believe it's been 2 hours already that I am still getting error 600 trying to create a filter...!!!

Chazzer3 [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'm getting error 766 at the mo? anyone else?

Charlie –

Emma [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Yeah, I am too. And I have no idea what it means Anyone have a clue?

Kacy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I am too, that code 766 doesn't let me get in gmail.

Kacy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

it says:

Server Error

We're sorry, but Gmail is temporarily unavailable. We're currently working to fix the problem – please try logging in to your account in a few minutes.

B [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Kacy- I'm receiving the same message. Have you figured out what it means or what to do?

Kinc [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Darn... It won't let me in! Iv'e been trying for long time, and now, only error code 766 shows up! I got in for a sec before it booted me again. I have orders to complete and my bank account has already been charged!

xnurt [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

yeah, error 766 here too. i think this signifies the beginning of the End for all life in this system

tabmow [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

error 766

Abin Thomas [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Im getting the magic number too...766...what the hell does it mean?

Robert King [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I am getting error 766 on my gmail account, no one else in the office is getting it but me. Anyone know what it is?

marcus kinsley [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

arghhhh
is this a system incompatibility, configuration, forwarding, what what what error? I'm going to have to take my work email forwarding off of gmail if this error code 766 doesn't stop – I've only been transferred to gmail for work for 2 weeks and it has happened on 2 occasions. anyone have a clue?

razvan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It seems that is "working" randomly, as my other gmail account does work properly, also I switched the workstation and still the same...maybe the brains behind the gmail can enlighten us... :-)

VJ [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I am able to check 1 of my account and other gives me error 766
this sucks

Tjepster [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Error 766. It's damn irritating. I have to send an e-mail canceling an order – and I only have the adress in gmail. Beta is proberbly their excuse. I'm a guinea pig...

Tjepster [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

great... now it's a server failure.

crankin mad [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Does anyone yet know what Error 766 is about – what the hell? I've got a Mac, if Mac is bonding with Google as I gather, I guess it's as doomed as Microsoft and will eventually paint us into the same damn corner.

chaz [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Same here yesterday. That server error.

I will say this: I have used hotmail and yahoo email since the 90's and NEVER have had any problems with them like I have with gmail. Bummer cause I really like it too.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!