Google Blogoscoped

Forum

MSN Desktop Search

David Jensen [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, December 14, 2004
19 years ago

"I feel it comes a little too late – many who already installed the Google Desktop might feel reluctant to install this new app, too"

It is a much better tool than Google Desktop. GD doesn't have find-as-you-type, and it doesn't allow searching for part of a word. MSN Desktop Search has a real interface instead of just displaying results as a webpage.

It may not be as good as Spotlight for the Mac, but it was released sooner (and it's free)

Andreas [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

By the way: Congratulations Philipp for getting your Slashdot story approved – it was quite a surprise to see a familiar name there. And a PR9-Link can't hurt either ;-).

For those of you who missed it:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/14/0054244

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Yes Andreas, I'm always happy when they approve a story of mine! I have a rate of around 1 to 7 or so (for every 7 stories I submit, 1 gets chosen).

Alberto [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

David, I agree. The interface of the MSN search is just much better. It IS an interface (allowing me to copy/delete the files in the results) instead of just a page listing the results.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!