Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Checkout Problems?  (View post)

sdf [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, July 20, 2006
18 years ago9,515 views

google has logout problem .

when i try to logout its asking me buy this product and if i said no it again ask me do u really dont want to buy.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Brandon sends me his views on Checkout (he's a merchant):
http://inspiredimpressions.wordpress.com/2006/07/20/my-experience-using-google-checkout-as-a-merchant/

david sanger [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

For a small individual business being able to put up simple buttons for products and get payment within two days has been really helpful, All transactions (I am the seller) have cleared easily and the money showed up in my account without problems. BUT these are simple single product sales, each specially made, and without the complicated cart interface. It's nice too that it's free for up to 10 times your Adwords spend each month.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Google Checkout orders with
Buy.com on 7/7 and 7/12. We've noticed that there's been some delay in
processing these two orders. We're sorry for any inconvenience that you
may have experienced and we'd like to address any questions you may have:

- We understand that you have been unable to cancel the order placed on
7/7 and have since purchased this product through buy.com. A technical
issue prevented this transaction from being completed. As for your order
on 7/12, unfortunately due to the same issue affecting your order on 7/7,
we are unable to process this transaction and will need to cancel it as
well. Our engineers have been alerted and are working to resolve this
issue. As a result, we're following up with Buy.com to ensure that both of
your orders are cancelled and refunded promptly.

- Also, we've confirmed that your current billing information in your
Google Checkout Account is in good standing.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. If you
have any additional concerns, please feel free to respond directly to this
email.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team

------------------------------------------------

hmmmmm... looks like they may have been reading my blog.. not sure where else they would've gotten that much information.. anyway looks like a technical problem and they are planning to fix it, but I still don't like the fact that I never received any notices of the delay...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Maybe that's one service where they actually *should've* put the Beta sign on the logo. I wonder how many other shoppers were affected by this bug.

david sanger [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

There certainly are some glitches in Google Checkout which are causing serious disruption for independent merchants.

After four successful transaction, completed and paid, a fifth order on Friday morning, of a sale to a US corporation, was inexplicably placed in "review" status. Then when I emailed to have the "review" lifted, the order was cancelled by Google, without notice, without explanation, at 5pm on a Friday afternoon.

Then apparently they all went home, since three contact forms and three emails have not produced a single reply, no explanation, no apology, no reinstatement of the order, nothing.

Google Maybe Checkout is perhaps a better name for the service at present.

Looking over the fairly thinly subscribed forum http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-merchants-forum you can see others have had similar experiences, followed sometimes, but not always, by a quick remedy of their situation.

Fed Ex boxes of cups and mouse mats are nice but 24-7 customer support is much more important if they expect this promising service to be used in a reliable manner.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!