Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Image thumbnails

Ades [PersonRank 6]

Tuesday, January 4, 2005
19 years ago

Is it just me but when I search elephant in google, it brings three thumbnails and says that "See 251,000 image results for elephant"..

It doesn't work with any other keywords that I tried but elephant....

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Do you see this happening in Google's normal web search, or in Google Image search? Can you make a screenshot?

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

I used Google's normal web search... did you try it yourself?

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

I will send the screenshot to your email

19 years ago #

Yes, I did try, but didn't see. Looks like Google is testing something again and you were lucky to get it.

19 years ago #

Got the images, thanks.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2005_01_04_index.html#110486993358707100

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

You are welcome..

By the way, I didn't like this feature at all. I like google's simplicity and its being plain text (of course except logos).

I wouldn't want images popping up on each search.

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

update: I no longer see the thumbnails... they ended the experiment I guess.

greg1212@hotmail.com [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I found this on http://www.yumgo.co.uk/google5.gif

Looks like you may evetually be able to select what ever search you like from this multi vertical search portal. One thing I noticed is that this looks like a planned release not their actaul site.

Looks great.

Sam [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

It appears that the yumgo guys have gone live with it. However I cannoty see the Blinkx and Blinkx tv buttons.

Tunde Aroun [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I came across your blog and would like to say a few things about the Blinkx search box on our multi vertical search site yumgo.

We will add a Blinkx.TV search button on yumgo as soon as we get the go ahead from the guys at Blinkx.

In the mean time if there is any other vertical search engine that you believe we should include on www.yumgo.com feel free to drop me of the other guys a line at yumgo[put at-character here]yumgo.co.uk

Cheers,

Tunde

Sarah [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

BlinkxTV search is now available on www.yumgo.com, Excellent.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!