Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Petals Around the Rose

annie scott [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, January 6, 2005
19 years ago

hi i wanna learn the secret to petals around the rose or at lest give me some hints about what it is i have tried everything except the rite answer

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Annie, the name of the game is very important "Petals around the Rose"! Think about this, and how it is connected to what you see!
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2004_09_20_index.html#109571267241826618

Nicole [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Yeahannie! no one who knows how to play can tell anyone. we are sworn to secrecy. But the name is very, very, very,very important

joel Garcia [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

the name is the secret of the game... forget about math and numbers... put attention to the name of the game... that is the most important... then do your math!

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

wow thats cool we played a variant in GT last semester, it was polar bears around the iceholes though. And after you figured out how many polar bears were around iceholes, you had to figure out how many fish they see. it was quite entertaining.

hayley k. [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I still don't get. you should be nice and tell every one what the secret is

Nicole H. [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i want to know what the secret is, please tell me what it is or give me some kind of hint....it is really drivin' me crazy.!!!

18 years ago #

Nicole, it's all in the name... analyze the name, and think different than you did – and you'll get it.

Lorien [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Consider the name and don't think mathematical algoritms as much as you do pattern recognition. Maybe that's too much information but it should help those who are really stuck.

Lorien [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Consider the name and don't think mathematical algoritms as much as you do pattern recognition. Maybe that's too much information but it should help those who are really stuck.

Lorien [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

chris [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

the name of the game is very important think of the petals around a real rose count them .

Rob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Just tell me how to do this...Please...I tried so hard for about a year now...ive thought about the name and what it means. i dont get it so please tell me so i just learn and can show this to my friends...email me the way to do it please! bigben2148152[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Thank you....Rob

18 years ago #

Rob, if you really want to know it badly, google for it... I'm sure some site or other will reveal it, if only in its JavaScript code!

TinTin [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

where is the position of a rose...

and the petals are located around the rose

ed [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how do it. it makes no sense

Stacy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

PLEASE HELP ME!! All 7 of us were playing it today and i'm the only one who still hasn't got it. I've been thinking about it non stop and i still can't get it.

domenic [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

all i now is it is ether a even number or zero

joe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

to do the rose fingy all u do is ?????? not tellin but ill give a reely gd hint..........think of a rose the petals are around the middle..centre woteva u wanna call it. then think of a dice.........if it can only be a even number then......if its around somin den it wood be an odd numba at first wooden it duh............

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=43601

hello [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I dont want to be a kill-joy but I found the solution on wikipedia...

Kelly [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Stumped I don't know how to solve 'Petals Around the rose']

I'm in sixth grade and my teacher gives the classes this problem. Look how many people can't solve it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?

Muahaa [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

YES! I FOUND IT! Just go to the link Ionut Alex. posted, and stop whining. But this was kinda frustrating. Everybody but like, 5 ppl including me knew it and I couldn't figure it out..........

Joe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

If it helps draw a picture of a Flower, a sterotypical flower,
   then compare it all the numbers on the dice, look at what matches and dosn't match (this took me over an hour)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!