Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Blogoscoped in Google News

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, February 8, 2005
19 years ago

Just another internal announcement: Google Blogoscoped is now an official "Google News" source. Again if you have tips and news bits send them here, and they will reach an even wider audience than before.

Not every short post will appear in Google News, but longer articles or news-breaking bits will. You can find the list of items indexed by Google News here:
http://blogoscoped.com/articles.html

And this is what it looked like on the Google News front-page today, as the news bit on Ask.com got picked up:
http://blogoscoped.com/files/googlenewssample.jpg

Thanks to everyone!

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

19 years ago #

Did you have to agree to tag your posts in a specific way to get added?

19 years ago #

As you know, I lately switched to my own blog software. That came in very handy now, as Google News indexes only post-per-page style articles.... so now I could quickly create the articles page for this purpose, linking just longer articles. I didn't need to tag posts in a specific way though, their spider seems to be pretty flexible.

RC [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

great work, philipp.. your blogs deserves it!!

Ezzra [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Congratulations.

I didn't think single-individual news blogs were eligible?

19 years ago #

Ezzra, in any case Google Blogoscoped has turned much more into a community-driven blog than a single-individual blog. Many to most of the stories are from tips sent to me via email or in the forum. Often I'm just the editor deciding which story from the forum I take to the front-page, like recently happened with RC who found Mark Jen's Google blog.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!