Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Images Layout Prototype?  (View post)

Domisto [PersonRank 1]

Monday, August 14, 2006
17 years ago3,912 views

Wouldn't it be better to allow a customizable display output? As a designer, image dimensions are rather important to me when I normally search, but others obviously do not care. I would assume the same is true for different people with the domain and file sizes. So many image sites also allow to customize the number of results per page. Why not add that?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Although it's nothing to do with the interface directly, I think you should be able to filter to the quality of the image, as well as the size, on a "pixels to MB" scale.

Mark Scholes [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Isn't there a usability concept of not hiding data until there's a mouseover? Makes it impossible to scan the page. Google's usability seems to be getting worse

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< Isn't there a usability concept of not hiding data until there's a mouseover? Makes it impossible to scan the page. >>

I guess if the information is really important, yes, hiding it would be bad usability. However, the information they're hiding isn't that important – it's the images that are the main focus after all. Since it's much cleaner, I actually think this would make the page easier to scan.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh my! if they are really going to make this change I will be very happy. If there is customization ability like Domisto said, I will be happier. And to be happiest.... well I am not sure about that.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!