Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Picasa Web albums adds email digests

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
17 years ago2,871 views

Picasa Web Albums have added a new feature: email digests of recent activity either adding comments in your albums, or new photos in your favorite albums.

More details at:
http://zmarties.blogspot.com/2006/08/picasa-web-albums-adds-email-digests.html

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Just noticed that gmail tells me that the digest email is digitally signed. I've not noticed that before either – have Google been siging emails that they send out before?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

earlier thread is here
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/62572.html

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why is that earlier thread (and this one) not showing up in the site's search? Before posting I did a search, and a visual scan of the whole front page of forum threads, and seeing nothing, went ahead with my post.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The page hasn't been indexed by Google yet. Blogoscoped uses Google Search API.

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks – seems a fair enough explanation, though a strange decision for such a fast moving site, to rely on a technology that will always be lagging behind.

Perhaps adding a warning to the SERPS page would be in order, to say that the latest posts are not included in the search.

It looks like the latest indexed page is the homepage of 12th August, so currently 4 days out of date. I guess it ought to be possible to check via the API for this page – and so see when it was last indexed (though I assume new pages are crawled less regularly than the homepage is).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Zmarties, there is a duplicate detection when you post something for these cases. It failed this time. Basically it checks if there's a title resembling your title, but it only looks at words longer than 3 letters, so "Web" got ignored. I'll try to adjust the algorithm so only common words, not short words, will be ignored.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

... the duplicates checker is updated now.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!