Writely registration is now open!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, August 17, 2006
17 years ago2,874 views

Go Go Go!
http://writely.blogspot.com/2006/08/writely-registration-is-now-open.html

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

thank you :) (even if I have already an account :))

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I also have Writely account, but I don't use it. But I already set the same password for gmail and writely account, as they suggest in this post.

It will be really useful if you can open documents in Writely directly from Gmail attachment. But right now, when I have to download file and than upload it to the web service it easier to me to open in in a desktop program.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ah Nice...

Wonder what improvements it'll bring soon.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

They added a delete button a while ago, what will come soon will be integrating with Gmail account, or Google Account, as they said.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

writely is very useful. For example, we (~10 persons) are currently trying to translate all Matt Cutts' videos. all on the same document, pretty cool, always up-to-date :)

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I meant feature wise.

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know how much I'll use it, but I now have another Google tool in my tool-belt.

Sometimes I think we have the same outlook as someone that collects postage stamps or Coke memorabilia. We collect Google services. :)

Tony

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

does anyone know the how the meter is established ?? how does the ticker work!!

"Beta Meter: 62% "

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

-> does anyone know the how the meter is established ?? how does the ticker work!!

"Beta Meter: 62% "

I think it is an average of the answers to the question that asks if Writely is ready to leave Beta yet. You get the question if you click on the meter.

TonyB

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

oh I never cliked the linky.. thanks for the tip Tonyb!!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>>does anyone know the how the meter is established ?? how does the ticker work!!
I covered a little about the beta meter here. http://googlified.com/2006when-will-writely-be-ready

>>always up-to-date :)
I would like to have an option that enable auto-republish.

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

In answer to why the increase on the beta meter slowed down, I bet's its because there were less new people to vote as they weren't taking new people.

Tony

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>>does anyone know the how the meter is established ?? how does the ticker work!!

Every user gets one vote, If he/she votes yes to the question (about Writely being in Beta), they are taken to a Feedback. If they vote know, they just get a notification saying Thanks. You can change your vote anytime you want.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!