Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Eric Schmidt wants $74 billion TV ad market

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, August 20, 2006
17 years ago2,909 views

<< Google CEO Eric Schmidt believes television viewers should not have to stand for tv commercials that are “a waste of your time.”

Schmidt is frustrated that “When you watch the television you see ads that are clearly not targeted for you.”

What does he plan to do about it?

Google is preparing to deliver “targeted measurable television ads” and Schmidt says Google has “a good shot at it.” >>

seems cool!!!!
im enthusiastic as Eric is!

http://blogs.zdnet.com/micro-markets/index.php?p=357

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Pfff... why Google execs do not have already understand that all there projects offline are flops?

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nothing wrong in diversifying your revenue stream (in Advertising that is)

-TD- [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

// TOMHTML

Who said TV is going to be offline in the future?!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i agree with TD :)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Soon : AdSense for postcards, AdSense for carrier pigeons, AdSense for condoms, and so and so forth...

Sorry mister Schmidt, I don't think that is a good idead for your company. Your *search* company, moreover.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

do you think radio adsense (dmarc) will be a flop for google TOMHTML?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As if AdSense on websites were always targeted!

But yeah, I'd like to see them take a shot at TV ads. I want to see a Rambo movie with "Join the US Army" commercials inbetween...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

huh ?? "AdSense for condoms" .. that would be great.. in support AIDs 2006 and the future years to come :)_

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"do you think radio adsense (dmarc) will be a flop for google TOMHTML?"
> Yes, unfortunately

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

==>Yes, unfortunately

Tom: Why do you think that ?? its a $100M investment.. the ROI's are projected within 48 months period.. the market cap within that is a couple of billions of $$$.. I think that Google has a fair chance of being an incumbent in that space!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!