Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Germany's Reunification Logo  (View post)

José Rui Abreu Mira [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, October 3, 2006
17 years ago4,499 views

Basically it follows what has been done for other countries: India (http://members.lycos.co.uk/zmira/doodleoftheday/index.php?logo=390), Brazil (http://members.lycos.co.uk/zmira/doodleoftheday/index.php?logo=387), ...

[Links linked again. -Philipp]

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm getting a web forgery warning on those Lycos pages?!

Nanaki [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

That third one remind me more of the Belgian flag. =)

Pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

i'd like a breaking wall or the "oo" in shape of the two countries moving together better. the reunification just isn't connected with the german colours/flag, in my mind...

(but hey, David Hasselhoff is still thinking he crushed the wall by performing "Looking for Freedom" in Berlin..)

Jojo [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

But the flag is looking cool. A breaking wall would be really cool. Maybe at the 25th anniversary? ;-)

Pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

:-/ I guess it's an rebuild wall then.... ;) don't hope so...

the flag is too patriotic for me, sorry.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'd like a big West Germany swallowing up the small and defenceless; defenseless East Germany ;-)

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Jose, Yes but the Indian Flag nicely substituted the second O with the Dharma Chakra or Ashoka Chakra (Wheel of Justice or Wheel of Ashoka).

But the concept is similar.

pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

oh, seems like googlers in germany are having a little hang-over... still patriotic today...

José Rui Abreu Mira [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Philipp, a web forgery warning "alerts you if a web page that you visit appears to be asking for your personal or financial information under false pretences". In no case I ask the users to enter any personal (or other) information under false pretences.
The only place where your name and e-mail are asked for is in the e-mail sending form, and that info is never used for anything else other than that.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks José, the links are linked again...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!