Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Music

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
17 years ago3,172 views

I was just looking at Personalized Search History and I see that "Music" is one of the categories for which you can allow search indexing. Is this new? Or does it hint at a new service. I know that they have music OneBoxes, but the other categories (Web, Images, News, Froogle, Video) are all search services, not OneBoxes.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm actually not sure now that I've actually looked at it. I'm sure someone else on here has an idea. The strangest thing I found is that when I did a search on Google Music Search http://www.google.com/musicsearch?q it didn't show up in my Music Search history.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

it's a log of the songs you play if you use google talk and have it show your currently playing track

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh so it's for Google music trends? Still, I've used that too and there's nothing in my history

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

So, if they are indexing our music tastes, do they plan to provide recommendations at some point?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe now they've partnered with two companies to provide music videos for free, they'll suggest Music Videos you could watch.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!