17 years ago6,481 views

there should be like capital punishment for stupid lawyers

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That is absolutely pathetic.

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"some webmasters would love that kind of traffic "

Yeah, but how many of those visitors are interested in "buying and selling Used Tube Mills, Used Pipe Mills and Used Rollforming Machines"? :-)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

UTube should put AdSense on the front page. 70,000 hits per day equals perhaps $100,000 per year of advertising revenue.

On the other hand, I gotta admit that I feel a bit of sympathy for Email, the Australian appliance manufacturer...
http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/asaw/biogs/A001026b.htm
...who were in existence long before electronic mail was invented. Their trademark was somewhat hijacked!

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I post it in the past that on Alexa it was shown after the Google acquisition of Youtube.com people hit more on utube instead of youtube.
The rise during first announcement week was enormous.

Hi Roger,
How did you calculate this.

i would suggest Utube.com to sell their site to youtube.com or to converted to a profitable portal. " may be comic movies about their tubes or mills " at least this.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

http://www.google-kai.com/admin/utube-get-hits-more-than-youtube.htm

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

*headdesk*

On behalf of the entireity of Northwestern Ohio, I apologize for the existence of this company. (They're local, situated just a few miles from me.)

It's hardly YouTube's fault that so many Netizens can't spell.

(And dude? "Disgusting" videos? I post all of my kids' orchestra performances at YouTube! OK, the youngest still sounds like he's killing a cat when he plays the violin, but I don't think that counts as "disgusting" so much as "hair raising". What a bunch of 'tards.)

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

First they tried to sell the domain for 2 million and didn't get it.... so now this is a last ditch money grab. They only became interested in suing AFTER they were acquired by Google.

It's wrong on so many levels.

1.) no user will confuse one site for the other once visiting...and trademarks are only good in the same area of competition (which they're not)

2.) The domain has no value. It's not worth 1 million. You'd never make it back.

3.) their complaints about getting calls thinking their youtube are just plain BS. They only mentioned them after youtube didn't buy the domain from them.

Domains don't matter anymore. Search has completely taken over typing stuff in. Sure, in 1994 if I wanted to buy cds, i'd type in buycds.com but this is 2006 – I can just type "cds" into google and find tons of places willing to sell stuff to me.

joe [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

"UTube also claims the online video site "condones the public exhibition of lewd and other disgusting videos" and allows visitors to view "unauthorized copyrighted material from major television networks...""

i don't really see how this is any of UTubes business, or why it's relevant to their cause

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Elias: there's nothing deep or rigorous in my calculation. I've just heard a few times that pretty much anyone can expect to make over $3 per thousand hits from ads.

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Roger.. it varies.

$3.00 CPM is standard for a popup ad, or some sort of pay by impression add.

Last month one of my ad programs saw $1.70 CPM
while another saw $5 per CPM
while yet another saw .26 CPM (no longer using that program)

it depends on the sites too.. but yeah, 3.00 is a good average that probably holds true for most of the web (even though my average seems to be around 2..... thanks to trying out cost per action ads.)

Raqueeb Hassan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Well, UTube needs to upgrade their hosting server to cope up with million hits!

--
Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!