Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail moves Google-Alert mail to spam folder

eLd0raDo [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, November 15, 2006
17 years ago2,931 views

Hi guys

I noticed something strange yesterday: once per week I quickly browse through the spam folder of my Gmail. And what do I have to see? An alert sent by Google-Alerts has been directly moved to the spam folder.

Did anyone of you guys see this before?

I kind of documented it on my blog – it's written in german, but Philipp will understand it.

http://document-dot-write.blogspot.com/2006/11/google-erkennt-sich-selbst-als-spam.html

Cheers,
eldo

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<Did anyone of you guys see this before?>>
I've had a Google Groups joining confirmation sent to the spam before, and no the group would not be one that would send messages that could be mistaken for spam.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My Google Alert message mostly seem to pick up new spam pages anyway, so it's not surprising that the snippets in the Google Alert might cause it to be filed under Spam.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

strange thing..

it never occurred to me..:/

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Since few weeks, this happens to me too. The same thing happens with personnal mails or newsletter, and even if I mark them as "not spam", the following message are considered as spam anyway :-S

HEY GOOGLE (Matt Cutts or an other, if you read us), could we have a filter which looks like to "if title=XXX it's not a spam" or something like that. Please :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!