Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wii!!!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, November 18, 2006
17 years ago3,273 views

The Wii comes out tomorrow and I'm not really a gamer at all but I'm camping out with my friends in front of Best Buy tonight to buy one as soon as the store opens tomorrow! :P It should be fun. I would get a PS3 too if it weren't $600. The Wii is really cool and it's only $250.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Over here (UK) wii have to wait till 8th December, But I played on one Thursday and today, at a shopping center about 10 miles away (their doing a tour type thing with them) and it's made me want one even more.
For some reason we have to pay £180 ($339), suppose they blame it on taxes :-(

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wii is so cool!!

i just gotta buy it!!
PS3 sucks ass..
dont like, and ill never buy it.. each game costs about 80$ ...

too much for me!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My Posts about playing: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wario Ware and Zelda.
http://woo-ho0.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-love-to-play-with-wii.html
and
http://woo-ho0.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-played-wii-today-churchill-square.html

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

woohoo I camped out for it! I have to wait 17 hours!!!! I was 10th in line out of like 180 people!!!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Cool, what's it like DPic? It looks pretty sweet, but the price advantage will probably soon wear off. And I can't believe there's a separate DVD-capable version in the works already... why couldn't they just put it in the first place?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<why couldn't they just put it in the first place?>>
I think the main reason is to keep costs down.
There's no way I'm waiting for 17 hours to get one, for a start I won't have enough money by the time it comes out ;-)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's really cool! I bought Red Steele with it which is that shooter/swordfighting game. Some people say the laser is too sensitive but I think that the real problem is that if you point the controller too far off of the screen it does weird stuff which may be a problem when you are really getting into some gameplay. The tilt feature is cool too-- although the movement could be a little more smooth thecontroller really is revolutionary. Plus you can stil use other controllers for the old games which you can still play on it. In Red Steel the AI wasn't bad but I played for like 20 minutes or so and people would fire at me and then every time I walked behind a wall they'd all say "where'd he go?" which was silly. Other than that-- I can't wait to cacth up on my homework and play with my friends!

Leon Santiago [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

hey people!
I played wii today!!!
few hours ago... in the Video Games Live Concert show, here in São Paulo!

I could play the new Zelda and Excite Truck and man, i can tell you... wii is very impressive, very funny! My "must have" of 2007 ;D

wii is the web 2.0 of videogames!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sounds nice. I gotta check it out in the shop, if they already sell in Germany.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8584236288254106376

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Doesn't come out in Europe at all until 8th December (Just over two weeks!!!) And import consoles won't work with properly brought games.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yes, i also think its a very innovative controling system.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<yes, i also think its a very innovative controling system.>>
Very good for Zelda (or probably any game where you can attack), and if you get "GT Pro Series" you get a control add-on to turn it in to a steering wheel! There's probably hundreds of ways the controler can be used, and hopefuly developers will find them.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!