Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Bloglines problems?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 9, 2005
19 years ago

Someone told me there's some problems with my RSS* in Bloglines – i.e. new items show up, but they don't show up as new. Can any Bloglines user verify this? I'm not a regular Bloglines user, and can't really check what's happening right or wrong.

* http://blogoscoped.com/rss.xml

19 years ago #

OK, apparently this happens from time to time, and currently happened with Slashdot and Waxy too, so the problem is with Bloglines.

Brian [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I still have that ghost entry pop up occasionally, but it has been much much less frequent.

ardief [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

i never had this problem until a couple of days ago, and now it's constant. do you think it might be woth unsubscribing and re-subscribing?

pgrote [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

ardief ...

You can try, but it won't have an effect.

I went through this with several of my feeds and the only solution appeared to be waiting:

http://www.yald.com/rss/0504bloglinesissues.html

ardief [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

hm...thanks for the info – read your post and it seems a bit frustrating...will keep on waiting i guess!

Manic [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

No idea if this would have anything to do with it, but feed validator says the feed appears to be encoded as utf-8 but the server reports iso-8859-1.

Sage [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

My Bloglines usually works for Blogoscoped, but not always. Same with other feeds. Also, it sometimes decides to spit up every post for months from random feeds. Especially Evhead--I will login and see 15 new posts from Evhead, when really only one is new.

19 years ago #

Thanks Manic, I added another iso-declarator in the XML as well.

pgrote [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

PL ... same issue persists.

Still not showing new items.

Bloglines RSS feeder still persists [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have consistently had a problem with Bloglines and Blogoscoped: it merely reports that Blogoscoped has X number of new articles, (where X varies) but never displays them. There's no relationship between reporting new numbers and new articles, at least, as far as I can tell.

The only value of having the Blogoscoped RSS feed in my Bloglines account is so I can easily surf to Bloglines and read it myself.

MK [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

works for me. on bloglines that is.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!