Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GotLogos Finished Their Designs  (View post)

Michael Nguyen [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
19 years ago

Philipp:
Thanks for the logo. I like the design, but I'm not sure how or if i'll use it.

I really like the icon and might be using that as my favicon once I can do some cropping and image resizing.

Jon Henshaw [PersonRank 4]

19 years ago #

The first three logos are so, so. However, the Social Patterns logo isn't half bad.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Original logos are always so difficult to create – especially when the designer has little knowledge about the site it's intended for.

My favourite – by far – is the logo for Social Patterns. I particulary like the icon, which looks very neat.

However, I have to say that I think the other three logos are a little poor. Having seen some of the logos in the GotLogos gallery, I was expecting much more. This might be because the logos you sponsored were for blogs. If the logos were for a company, or other type of website, the results might have been a bit more varied. Still, I think that for $25 they're good value for money – but only if you don't have a clue how to use Photoshop or PaintShopPro...

If you do go ahead with another round, I think it would be interesting to see what gets produced if the logos aren't allowed to be for blogs.

Hans Mast [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

For my review, visit: http://hansmast.com/

Jeff De Cagna [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Philipp:

Thank you for sponsoring a logo for my blog. I disagree with the assessment of others who have posted comments. I like the logo that was provided, but it does need a little work. I will work with Gotlogos.com to resize it and also create a version that works on a white background. (The transparent versions aren't that great.)

All in all, I think it was a successful experiment and I am glad I was a part of it. Thank you again for your generosity.

maique madeira [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

i just changed the blog's page, using the new logo.
i have mixed feelings about it.

as someone pointed out earlier, the galleries at gotologo.com must have a very well chosen group of logos, as expected.

i really, really like what they've done to social patterns.
i don't even think the other three are in the same league.
i understand how difficult it must be to design something for someone you've never met, based on a ten line description and maybe some visits to the sites and expect a result that will be just perfect for the client. i think we should expect a lot more after some kind of conversation with the design team.

i will keep the logo for a few days and see how it goes. i don't think the green will work for me (i hate green) but i can always change the color).

it was a pleasure taking part in this 'contest' and look forward to future iniciatives.
thank you very much for the offer.

Peter C [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Your link timed out last time you posted about them, and still times out this time. Any hints on getting there fromt the US?

maique madeira [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

http://www.maique.com/blog

the servers are hosted in the US, you should have no problem.
hope it works this time.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Well, I think we need to put the logo quality in relation to the $25 if we judge them. Also, it might be the case if there's a preferred logo style that can be nailed down by pointing at an existing logo, the results can be more objectively judged. And – possibly, a tag line added to the logo's main text would help. I will remember this for a potential next round.

Michael Nguyen [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Well I decided to use the icon as part of my header. I also used the icon to create my own favicon.

Tell me what you all think.

http://www.socialpatterns.com/

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I've worked with them and the designer, Daniel, was most unprofessional. Also to achieve a respectable quality one is forced to pay several $10 revision fees. Sometimes for the designer's silly mistakes or not adhering to the brief.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

...At one stage he was even trying to get me to pay $15 for a revision. When I asked how come, he was unable to defend this and backed down. I felt the longer my project lasted the less attention they paid to it. Plus the attitude I got was as if they were doing me a favour rather than a job! Eventually I got really pissed but when I tried to make a complaint I found no phone numbers on the site and wasn't sure if the irritating designer was doubling as receptionist and quality controller too. I would stay away!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!