Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[repost of sorts] Blog locked for being a spam blog?

Anime World Order [PersonRank 1]

Friday, January 19, 2007
17 years ago2,470 views

This past Saturday at 11:15 AM, some spammer left a spam comment in my Blogspot hosted blog for my semi-popular audio podcast over at animeworldorder.com. By the time I saw the post at 1:00 PM that day and deleted it, the Google spam detection bots determined that because of a comment someone else made (and I even have the word verification on!), my entire blog was to be locked and marked as a spam blog until it could be manually checked over.

"Well, that's pretty harsh to punish me for something I have little control over," I thought. I submitted a request to get my blog unlocked, which according to the Blogspot message takes "less than a business day." Well, it's been over four business days now and still no luck. The email they sent to me stated that it would take "less than four business days," which was different from what the website said, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

At this point, I have submitted multiple unlock requests and sent email via their help form, to no avail. I then found out about this blog when searching to see if anyone else ever had this, and found that the same thing happened to a blog entitled i5bala. Eventually, he got things sorted out, but what intrigued me was the posts from other people saying that they had this happen to them and it was sorted out "within a few hours."

What more can I do to see that my blog access gets restored? I highly doubt that someone has already manually checked the site and concluded it WAS spam, even though there are some Google Adsense ads as well as some Amazon ones. Am I doing more harm than good by submitting multiple unlock requests? I was ready to just up and move to Wordpress over this, but now that I switched to the new version of Blogger, it seems that I can't import my posts and comments! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

See this:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/80084.html

17 years ago #

As I stated in the third and fourth paragraphs of my original post, I did see that and read through all of it prior to my posting. It's not clear to me exactly what happened to get things straightened out. Some posts mentioned that the issue was resolved for them within a matter of hours. That's not the case with me, and I wasn't certain from reading it whether or not they had taken steps which I had not, hence my posting.

Lenora Rich [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I think it sucks they locked down your blog, its not right even if they deturmine if something is"advertizing" I use xanga and I have no problems. If the staff here are truely blog nazi's, they will probly delete my post before you see it. If you ever make it to xanga say Hi (I'm ralahinn1 there;))

17 years ago #

Just thought I'd update: it's now been ten days and I'm still locked out. I really hope that they're at least receiving my requests, since the notification said that after twenty days, they'll delete my blog entirely. I wish I knew what was causing the delay or if perhaps someone has reviewed my blog and concluded somehow that it is a spam blog. Write me an email saying "we reviewed it and thought this," or something.

Right now I'm trying to look into whether or not I can FTP into Blogspot somehow so I can just download my entire blog (layout, posts, comments) and host it somewhere else, since I've received offers from listeners to the show. I'd rather not do that since even though I can change the redirect, a lot of listeners use the Blogspot address. Still, it seems that finding login information for such a task is about as tricky as well, finding an email address to write to about this.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!