Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Global Warming and Terrorism  (View post)

mjc [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
17 years ago5,152 views

If you replace terrorism by terror, the searches curve looks much like the news curve.

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Looking at the most recent months, It appears that Global warming is increasing while terrorism is decreasing.

Clearly this evidence shows that global warming is a good thing – it supresses terrorism.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Funny top language search in these trends is Tagalog and then English and regions Jamaica and Trinidad.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Here's a bug i found today on Trends:

search "top secret games, secret games" & you get no results.

search "secret games, top secret games" & you get plenty of results.

--> the bug occurs when the first keyword does not return any results, causing the rest of the keywords to fail to show any results.

you can try it with any keyword that has no data & another that does. here is another example:

search: "M.A.N.D.Y., britney spears" ---> no results!
search: "britney spears, M.A.N.D.Y." ---> plenty of results.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The frequency of searches for the two seem strangely correlated.

David Berkowitz [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I did a post on my blog about whether Google Trends is reliable, and I'm not convinced it is:
http://www.marketersstudio.com/2007/01/is_google_trend.html

Michael Keukert [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

For a moment I thought that warming curve was actually a curve of the temperature itself... Would be interesting if there is a connection.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, possibly i don't think that would be the case- but average global temperature doesn't change like that. We could limit it to one country and display the temperature in that one country over the past three years.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!