Forum

Giant Google Proxy?  (View post)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 1, 2007
17 years ago5,031 views

sounds good to me :)

mc [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Of course in his follow up article (http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2007/pulpit_20070126_001539.html), he goes a bit crazy and claims the only way to beat google on this is for ISPs to set up some sort of second p2p internet, which doesnt seem likely to me

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What is Web?
Google is web.
What is Google?
Web is Google.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sounds sweet :-)

Varun [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Excess of everything is bad..and monopoly of everything is bad..

Katinka Hesselink [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

It does sound a bit scary.
And for SEO the next question is: will they use that data to rank websites?

Erika Zheng [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

sounds good

but i am afraid of my poor net

Deven [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

what a crock cringely is. increasing their backbone connections 30x will not kill profits. they've been expanding the backbone for years. it's a little like saying your old 1985 computer can't handle the computing tasks today which require 30X the processing power. Fine but new computers are faster just as new routers, switches, etc will all become faster.

willy wonka [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

biggest load of crock i have read in a long long time.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

To Deven
When Tech refreshing, should have a time space for some companies die, some companies born, and some companies grow. I agree to the main thinking of this posts.

Google really have chance to be web when this tech refreshing. Just like Mircrosoft ever made the software nearly equal to Microsoft.

Keith Chan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well, if Google can access our Internet surfing habits, this means they can make use of this and make money out of it from its famous 'content matching' technology. By installing Google Toolbar, you can access the Internet for free with unlimited bandwidth yet, Google will display ads in the toolbar which will be totally relevant to what you see on the web and because they are *so* targeted, CTR will increase and Google will earn more. The cycle goes on and basically this can tear down all the online advertising as no one can make ads so personalized as Google. ;)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!