Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Blogging Guidelines?  (View post)

Fujifilm9 [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, June 2, 2005
19 years ago

You'd be better off downsizing the amount of material you source off him (especially with his own lack of/or murky sources. Your blog shows up in Google News, so this is quite an embarrassment.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Yes, I will make sure next time. Nathan Weinberg intended it as sarcasm but that wasn't apparent from the article – especially as I thought the sarcasm was from Google (to make a point with some humor in their guidelines). In any case, I quoted Nathan Weinberg in my original post and didn't present this quote as being true/ or being proof. Of course I also wouldn't have quoted him if I would have know it was fake...

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

19 years ago #

Philipp, I completely did not intend to embaress anyone with my joke. I guess I should have realized that making tongue-in-cheek jokes about Google is difficult to pull off, since Google tends to make those kind of jokes all the time. Next time, I will make sure that my intent is obvious. I certainly didn't want to get on your bad side, Philipp. Your blog was one of the first I read, and have always loved. Try to forgive this stupid mistake, and I'll make sure to use my brain next time.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

This is great Nathan. Yes, you are right I thought it was the same kind of irony apparent in the official Google Blog as well, now applied to the blogging guidelines. I additionally thought that you were only allowed to show the first two rules because they are humorous, and that your leaking source didn’t want you to go on to the more serious guidelines. I’m very happy to read your comment here as it gets rid of this issue.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!