Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Layzweb: Google Themes Directory  (View post)

Richie [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, March 21, 2007
17 years ago5,146 views

Sounds like a good idea...

Adam Dempsey [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Well I'm sure they'll bring out more themes soon enough, but in the mean time with the help of Greasemonkey people could start creating their own I guess

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah thats a good idea!!

Ken Wong [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

Google is going to do this itself.

Stephen Folkson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I particularly like the themes and very much like the way Google cleaned up the home page. It was looking a little raggedy, but looks so much better now. I definitely think that when you compare sites, that Google is the "gold standard." Microsoft should blow up its site, change what they doing and start over again. Yahoo is making progress in improving its site, but has a way to go.

David T [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

Good idea, but in a month Google will probably let you do it through them...

Jordn F.F. [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Like the others have said, Google'll probably have a service like this out soon enough, anyway, but I do like the idea.

With one slight exception – Greasmonkey's only available for FF 1.5-2.0, which means people on the Minefield/Gran Paradiso alphas can't use it

GuillaumeB [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

Well yeh that would not be a bad idea but it would need more to make me use Google IG... make a hack for 4 columns...

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

I wondered why Google didn't already do this. There's only like, five themes, and it just seemed kind of obvious.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Marissa Mayer promised they'll do that. One step at a time.

<<Google plans to introduce a few more themes each month and eventually may accept outside submissions>>
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Plain-Google-site-gets-facelift/2007/03/20/1174153038237.html

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think Google do it itself is not fitting. Google did too many works that for the Google Fans.

Google should give us the protocol, standard. ect. Let us do it. And, give the first ideaer the name and should get the permition from the first ideaer.

George Richards [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

An excellent idea. The sooner implemented, the better. Get on it Google people.

Miguel dos Santos [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hell ja, I actually thought they would have that from the get go. From the very moment I saw the themes, I was looking for way to customize my own homepage theme or search a directory of user contributed themes.

PhotoshopMaster [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I love this idea, I have been looking all over for new themes for the new theme selection tool

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!