Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Writer: Ionut's early April Fools' joke

Randy J. [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, March 31, 2007
17 years ago6,209 views

"After choosing the topic, Google Writer suggests a title, some key quotes from other blogs and some interesting sites, images, and videos about the topic to facilitate your research. You can choose those that interests you and let Google Writer to create some context around the quotes. Google Writer has a big database of n-grams from web pages and it's able to create grammatically-correct sentences. It also learns your writing style from the previous articles, it knows your favorite authors, sites and your interests."

If only it were true.... :-)

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/03/google-writer.html

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm wondering how many April fools will be displayed on the Front Page of Digg... =)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

An April fool's joke posted in March? Maybe that's part of the joke... ;-)

Randy Watson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I loved the Beta Test for goolge Wireless Brodband Joke. They really go in depth about flushing a connector down the toilet and setting the router on the back of the commode. I wonder how many people are going to buy into this, Hey its on the front page of Google,,,, it must be for real:)

Ioannus de Verani [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Darn all these jokes; I am so gullible. The only joke I didn't believe was the Google Toilet ISP...

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It is not a joke. I can work at Google wirtely, now named Google Docs.

Phil Haftner [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

That is very funny of google to pull something like that. To bad it didnt seem at all real

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Hong Xiawan

Google Writer not Writely. If you read what it *does* you would see what it is(or should I say: isn't)

BoBo_Beans [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

yeah that was funny

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]James Xuan
This on my brain for days. Maybe we already got the point for Google Writer. I need to make it structured, then post on.

17 years ago #

Now, I think Google Writer can be a product that can works at 85% of Ionut's dream.

Recently, I already got the theory result that Google Writher can double the speed of the english sentence inputing. It is 50%.

Philipp Lenssen, can you find investment, or sell this product in advance to Google, MSN or Yahoo? I guess use 1,000,000USD, 60 programmers and not more than 60days can finish this project.

For the left 35%, the draft already in my brain. We can not finishe the final 15%, At least, computer can not know what I am thinking if we not input anything to it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!