Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] SP1-Vista has over 100 fixez !!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
17 years ago3,288 views

this is pretty kinda strange that over a 100 oddities are being fixed with SP1-R for Vista product- given the fact that Vista was long tooted as the best OS that MSFT has ever developed!!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

FYI only.. this is site to keep track of Vista SP progress

http://www.thehotfix.net/

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Windows Vista – Not as 'Ultimate' as Microsoft claim!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Mirrix32
Microsoft: You didn't buy the Ultimate version.

I am curios how many people here are running Vista on (one of) their computer(s).

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Haochi

Ultimate means last, so if it really is ultimate there shouldn't be anything after it. what has that got to do with whether or not I bought Vista?

FYI: No I'm not running Vista, I'd need to at least double the RAM on my desktop PC and my laptop probably couldn't cope!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I *acquired* two *free* copies of windows vista ultimate from BestBuy but i've switched to linux so i don't plan on using them. I'm just going to give them away.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You mean 2 s/n.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I am running Vista. Though it is not that ultimate but in our country (Bangladesh) it has earned quite a fame. Let me tell you little from the back. When XP was release people in our country laughed and said that who needed XP when they have 98. but now they understand that why they need XP, because it is new and better that 98. Lets see what happens to Windows Vista.

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

100 + fixes is not bad considering the amount of code in there.

I run Vista at work. It runs just fine on my 3 year old machine. It has lots of nice little enhancements to the interface that I don't really notice or think about at the time, but then miss when I am on an XP machine.

I can't say its worth the cost to upgrade from XP, however. I will probably do so when DX10 games become more available, assuming they deliver on DX10's promise.

I would definitely put Vista on any new machine if given the choice.

TonyB

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Beryl for Linux is just as good (if not better than) Vista. Comparison... http://www.metacafe.com/watch/434675/windows_vista_aero_vs_linux_ubuntu_beryl/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!