Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wouldn't it be neat...

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, April 5, 2007
17 years ago2,916 views

Wouldn't it be neat if:

*You could publish your Google IG for others to use as a template.
*Google Toolbar OE (M$ style "Offline Edition") You can use within office etc. I would definately use the Highlight feature to find a certain part-I use this a lot on the web.
*You could have a local Gmail address. Google own local gmail domains like gmail.ie, wouldn't it be cool if you could use your account (username[put at-character here]gmail.com) to access mail sent to (username[put at-character here]gmail.ie)

Any other suggestions below(and enough of the GDrive, we all know that everyone wants it!)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google doesn't own all relevant country domains. Example: Gmail.de is not owned by Google (this guy is even battling Google over the G-Mail trademark, so German users will get @googlemail.com instead of @gmail.com).

17 years ago #

New one
*Polls in Blogoscoped(but not them ones on the side of the site)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You mean like these?
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-02-21-n80.html

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< *You could publish your Google IG for others to use as a template. >>

Not keen on that idea – it loses the idea of "personal"; and not forgetting privacy.

17 years ago #

Yeah those sort of ones. Didn't see that when I first saw the post. Thanks for the Icon by the way

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

I deffinatly want to patent this idea or something but here goes:

You know those really thin screens companies like Sony (I think) are making? Like.. the bendable plastic monitors that use electrons to position ink. They are meant to be used as digital newspapers. Anyways.

That would be neat if textbooks had one in the back instead of an index. You could use a small touchscreen to input search queries in regards to the book. It would then show you a list of pages that the keyword is on and a small screenshot. Awesome!

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

local gmail domains... gmail.at or googlemail.at ... no!

17 years ago #

That is so useful. Google books. Books with a searchbox. You shouldn't have said that. Patent. Go to google, lycos or whatever. Get them on board.
Make money.

17 years ago #

yes, a seach in a real book wold be nice. (: rather in books like lexicons or dictionarys.

([put at-character here]James, without looking, from where are you?

17 years ago #

Guess!
PS its answered here: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/91182.html

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

Submitted my proposal to Google........ doubt I'll get an answer. Meh. I'ma goto sleep now.

17 years ago #

Good on you! I promise i won't steal your idea[robotic "patent approved" in background] Oh erm... thats just my blackberry playing up as usual...

17 years ago #

Chat in GB and/or Online beside members who are on the site.

17 years ago #

http://blogoscoped.com/chat/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!