Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Checkout open in UK

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Friday, April 13, 2007
17 years ago2,995 views

Google Checkout is now open in the UK. I can't view any of the UK stores though cause it picks up that I'm in the US.

Source:
Google Blog
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/google-checkout-open-in-uk.html

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's been available in UK English for a while now, but I guess this means *sellers* in the UK can use it. Cool – I might add this to some of my e-commerce shops.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<*sellers*>> yyou mean scammers. Everything that uses GCheckout is a scam. Buy etc are good but independent people have taken 600€ from me in the last year from 3 different scams. I guess I'm very gullible

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is good news. I wonder if it will make transactions with US customers any more reliable. Currently, using a UK payment provider can cause problems for US customers who don't have their cards setup to allow International transactions (or whatever the reason may be).

>> Everything that uses GCheckout is a scam.

That's obviously not true. If I was to add Google Checkout to my company's website tomorrow, it wouldn't automatically make us scammers.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google and E-Pages have partnered up to help expand Google Checkout in the UK.

"Among the first providers to take part in Google Checkout™ will be the ePages-partners Strato UK, Kingston Communications, Eclipse and ITQ Stores. The first online merchants checking in with Google Checkout™ will be Speedy Camel, implemented by ePages-partner big:interactive, and Housemakers, both shops are based on ePages technology."

http://www.epages.de/en/news/news/070416.htm

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!