Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Picasa WA Ruined My Picture!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 15, 2007
17 years ago2,804 views

Ok! So thats a bit of an over-reaction, but, I made a few screenshots of me trying to find something through ask.com and uploaded them here http://picasaweb.google.com/xuanjames/GoogleStuff/photo#5053608688741718002 but now they are just a small graphic. How do I show people the full sized image?

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

First, picasaweb is for photos. Screenshots are not photos. :-P If you just want to upload something and show it to people, use Google Pages.
Second, to show the full sized image to the people, you first have to upload it. No, you haven't uploaded it yet. You've just uploaded the resized, small instance (that's why the upload was so fast;).
In the dialog Picasa shows you when you click "Web Albums", see the dropdown box "Upload setting", and click "slowest upload, largest size".
HTH,

17 years ago #

Thanks

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]veky here it is http://xuanjames.googlepages.com

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

lollllllllllllllll
James you F***ing killed me man!!

Ask.com are so stupiddd!!!

and they want to make a revolution ;
http://information-revolution.org/

yeah right!!

17 years ago #

I dont think they know what search engine means

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Weird, this is quite bad, are there other Ask results like this?

On a side-note, I'm getting this at the bottom right when searching Ask.com for [gmail]:

<<Related Names

... Cleveland Browns
... Robert Sungenis>>

OK, how are these related?

17 years ago #

"Picasa web" & "Picasa web albums" both give unuseful results. I usually just type gmail into my address bar and Google Toolbar does the rest but since I installed Nero and The Ask.com Toolbar everything goes through ask.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting. And even Yahoo gets this one [picasa web albums] wrong, linking to picasa.google.com/support .

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]James – Your screenshot took forever to load even on a cable modem. You should have made each page its own image.

17 years ago #

If you do a search for Google Personalized Homepage, Ask.com gets it right. Do a search for Personalized Homepage and you get a ton of personalized gift sites that don't seem to use the word homepage. If you put that search in quotes, "Personalized Homepage" it comes up with the Google Personalized homepage in the top result.

17 years ago #

What is your download speed Colin? Ireland has slow download, mine is only 3mb/s and the page loads instantly.

17 years ago #

Mine is supposed to be 1.5 mb/s download but I'm lucky if I ever hit 1 mb/s.

17 years ago #

Where do you live?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!