Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Another Corner Bookmark Variation

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 5, 2007
17 years ago3,178 views

There are plenty of variations on Google's corner bookmarks, found inconsistently across several of their services. But I found this one considerably odd...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9818/untitled1zy1.gif

..."Goog Mail"? Perhaps theres now a lawsuit for the word "Mail" in the UK now, as well.

Heebie Sudoku [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

They can't call it "Gmail" in the UK, they have to call it "Google Mail". Since that name's quite long they've shortened it to "Goog Mail"

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My point is though... why not just Mail? That's how it is on the rest of the pages.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yea.
Search | Mail | Calendar | Documents | Photos | Groups | Reader (or maybe Feeds)

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

reader better than feeds
dunno if this is important:

seen on main page google france under the search box... personnale was checked.

Rechercher dans : Web Pages francophones Pages : France Personnalisé

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

oh and in iGoogle, the night theme has a mini clock kinda thing... there are stars in a formation on the left side and one star disapears per hour... methinks anyway

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "Goog Mail" – Tony]

When I went to Google D&S today I noticed that my Shortcut bar in the top left had yet again changed. Apart from more padding, Google Mail has been changed to "Goog Mail". What's also interesting is that it is the only service that has Google in it's link (well part of it) – all of the others just have their name, eg. Groups.

Note: I'm in the UK, so I expect it to read Google Mail instead of Gmail.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5553/googmailek2.jpg

Martin

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "Goog Mail" – Tony]

Hi fellow wikipedian! I found this too.... strange isn't it?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!