Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Life China online

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 19, 2007
17 years ago7,495 views

At http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-04-18.html#n69, guessing Google Life China maybe related with 2nd life.

Now the Google Life China online. That is a direct search engine.

Very good service.

http://www.google.cn/shenghuo/

http://panda.mimi.cn.googlepages.com/google-logo-shenhuo.gif

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's Google Base?

17 years ago #

Seam A Google Base Application. Great project.

Qiang [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

great~

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hong, can you explain us what is it about? What's new compared to Google Base?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

TOMHTML, Google Base is purely for submitting products. The only reason there is a search facility on it is so you can see what other items have been submitted (such as your competitors). It's only when the power behind Base is applied to another search facility that it really comes in useful.

I think this is a good idea for getting noticed in China, because there is probaby a lack of "life" search engines available.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Mambo, you can submit pretty much anything you like to Google Base. It's not just for products.

Chu [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It's a search engine for houses, jobs, train tickets, items, and restaurants. For example, if you search bag in 'items', you can find resaults from ebay.com.cn and other chinese online auction websites.

17 years ago #

That is a great application based on Google Base. I think it is also useful for other languages.

You can search everything related with your real life. Job, Restaurants, Lover, ECT.

Based on the Google Base, can creat multi great applications. Use Google Base, can use a poor hosting to run a huge rich website.

Anybody interested in this? Maybe we can try some projects.

Lior Haner [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It looks like Google is trying to take as much of the Chinese market with extra services before its big local and global competitors can have their share. Is there somethinng google doesn't have an answer to? (http://yedda.com/questions/google_1496110101525/). Maybe, but it devourers its "answers" quickly enough.

17 years ago #

While Google closed his Answers, Google China maybe open Answers in chinese.
Also maybe open Google Wiki in chinese.
And, customer design product search only for China.

Jansen Lu [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

somehow, i looks like a Google Local for China

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder if this was the Chinese “Knowledge Search Beta” mentioned in Google's internal docs...
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-10-26-n80.html

molly brewer [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

beta the force.

17 years ago #

If I go to Shanghai City,

I can use this search to find House to buy to live. Find new job to get salary. Find some Railway Tickets(Maybe air, bus, will be open later) to travel. Find eatery. Find some stuffes, for instance, a secondhand mobile.

Shenghuo in chinese means "life". And "Life" in Google Sheng means all actions related with buy or sell. Related with money.

It is just begining. Google Shenghuo will be my real life soon.

caoglish [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I try the function. basically, all the result is from only certain websites. I feel those are advertisements of these website. especially under 'food' tag, all results is from dianping.com. these websites just work with google and improve their influence, let more people know them,make more famous than before. if people know these websites, they don't need google.

but it's good idea to combine all the information from each websites to google. then we just use google to search the information we want, and don't care where the information from.integration of information to google is google's best advantage. google make search easier. (I think source websites will be more than now, if the function of google is more famous in future.)

the quality of result is depending on the source of websites. some sources are very mess. a lot of information from these source wasn't checked seriously, so information about selling will be showed by rental information. some information is set wrong by poster obviously.

17 years ago #

Although Google Shenghuo is not perfect, but, it is on the right way. Other sites supplier the content and Google combine the content. Created value for both.

For china original Shenghuo website www.Kooxoo.com, it did the content by itself. KooXoo in a costly way.

Now, KooXoo is better than Google's, but his cost big than Kooxoo, and his money so little when compared with Google.

Google Shenghuo nearly free cost. You can also do an application via Google Base API.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!