Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Vincent Ferrari, One of the New Influencers  (View post)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, June 5, 2007
17 years ago3,739 views

This looks to be a very good read. I'll have to order my copy soon. The excerpt reminded me of several of the stories I've read about Best Buy's customer service in their stores. Companies definitely will need to adapt as more people give their opinions and horror stories online.

[Corrected a typo, Colin]

Joel D [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I agree that: "Companies definitely will need to adapt as more people give their opinions and horror stories online."
Great post!

[Signature URL removed – Tony]

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I really liked that. It sounds good. Here eircom has useless customer service but its not same. You get put through to an automated machine where you can check you account and so on automatically, but to get through to an operator you have to go to one of the sections and then pick the option to go to an operator. Then you spend up to 10 minutes(i have) waiting for the operator. Also because the categories are for the automated things, often there is no category for what you want, so you end up going to any at all to speak to an operator. then the operator picks up and you tel him the problem and he says that this is bill inquiries not where to go if you have a problem with your bill. He connects you to someone else and you spend another ten minutes waiting. After 15 minutes for me a computer asked me if I would like a call back when an operator was ready, i did request it. The line dropped. I was left wondering whether I had completed the process or if i was disconnected. Two days later at 8:55 i was called back. I told him about my problem and he said "OK let me put you through to customer inquiries" and i said "OH NO YOU DON'T and I hung up. 3 days later I'm with BT Ireland.

Janet Johnson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I managed the Marqui "paybloggers" program when we were out in the blogosphere aggressively in 2005, and saw amazing results from simply seeding products and marketing material into the new influencer community.

The opportunity to make a great impression with quick answers is fleeting. The opportunity to make a poor impression through neglect is (paradoxically) both immediate and lasting.

The point I learned – listen, think, respond (to show you're listening). (more on that exact point here: http://www.janetleejohnson.com .

Anna Sebestyen [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The story and the style are quite convincing – also, regarding marketing costs, the very economical idea to mention Blogoscoped as a tech-hub blog as an example, send an excerpt to the bloggers, and then get a free (?) blogpost about it on Blogoscoped.

But Paul and Philipp, why not have a non-flash banner ad of the book on Blogoscoped on the right hand column under or in place of the Google sponsored links? (the landing page could point either at Paul's own site with an order form, or to Amazon – better stats on author's own site, though) These kinds of products would be totally acceptable for Blogoscoped readers, I think (at least, for me, as being one of the blog readers).

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Because banners suck.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!