Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Talk Feature Request

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Monday, June 11, 2007
17 years ago3,017 views

Looking at the reviews from download.com (http://www.download.com/Google-Talk-beta/9499-2150_4-10429901.html), I've noticed that the most requested features for the desktop client are:
* smilies
* chat/talk with more than one person
* video calls

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would like number 2 the most. I would then like smilies as my second choice, but only the ones like in Gmail. I don't really mind video calls

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

At this moment, I want the same features on every google talk. I can't put smilies via the executable (they are light-blue symbols) but from the flash version there are images; I can't call from GMail, and I can't share videos from YouTube or similar from the executable.
Google is having some serious problems of sync... Multiple accounts for one person, and different features in the same application...

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Invisible mode. I just canĀ“t believe that nobody demand it.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Am I mistaken or did Google Talk have an invisble mode when it was first released and then later taken away. I swear it did at one point.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wasn't aware of that... :/

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Jared, a while ago I was completely convinced it was a feature until Philipp told me it didn't. I guess we both imagined it! (That's unless it *was* once there, of course...)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Really, I told you that Tony? Perhaps I forgot already too :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!