Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Another Google Acquisition?

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Monday, June 25, 2007
17 years ago3,801 views

TechCrunch has a post about Google possibly acquiring GrandCentral. I've never heard of GrandCentral before this post.

<<The basic idea around GrandCentral is “one phone number for all your phones, for life.” As we change jobs, homes and cell phones, there are a lot of phone numbers to keep track of, and keeping everyone up to date with your most recent phone numbers is a real cost.>>

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/06/24/google-to-acquire-grand-central-for-50-million/

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting, but I don't understand well how does GrandCentral works. I'll google it :)

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Grandcentral has worked wonderfully for me. All of the extra features are free while it's in beta, but maybe they'll be free indefinitely if Google acquires them!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I used signed up but its US Only. You get a local number in the state of your choice, town of your choice. You submit your numbers. You hand out the number they gave you. Then when people ring all the phones on the numbers you submitted ring-mobile, Home, Work etc

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!